Ft. worth grand steer

Help Support Steer Planet:

chambero

There has always been more politics in the sift than with any judge.  Herefords used to be so bad we quit messing with it years ago

ZNT

The breeds are a way to make more opportunities for kids to have a champion.  But when it comes down to the champion drive for each breed, they are (almost) all crossbreds.  Maybe they do have it correct in California where they show by color, or like that the American Royal where there are no breeds.  Leave the judging to the judge, and not the sifters.  Just my 2 cents.

SFASUshowman

I think around 1400 is around where they are wanting them to finish most places. I know some places are finishing them bigger but I was at a big feeder a few months back and they were telling us that their biggest market for meat was the boxed beef program where they box the quarters and ship them to markets where they are cut down more.  If the calf is to small the quarter doesnt fill the box and if the calf is to big they have to cut the quarter down to fit it in the box, thus the push for a more moderate framed calf!