fullbloods in france

Help Support Steer Planet:

flacowman

that hip would be absolutely scandalous in this country  (lol)

MCC

I always have trouble evaluating Charolais cattle in a blizzard. (cow)

flacowman

I guess I'm slow because I've been up for 20 hours but I don't get it MCC, enlighten me please?

MCC

flacowman said:
I guess I'm slow because I've been up for 20 hours but I don't get it MCC, enlighten me please?
My screen is white where the picture should be so it's got to be Charolais in a blizzard or a polar bear in a snow storm. (lol)

Clark Club Calves

flacowman

It's the pdf in his signature area, it took me a second to find it too

J

JTM

I'm telling ya, take a bull like that and breed him to some more moderate red/white Maines in the U.S. and then come back on those daughters with Shorthorn bulls and you have something pretty neat. Trust me, I've got a few. My wife's uncle has a really good fullblood Maine that I have some daughters of that are crossing extremely well with Shorthorns. I will try to get a recent picture of the DF Waco heifer calf I have.

fullblood

Clark Club Calves said:
My Dad went to France in the 70's to pick out some fullblood maines. He saw bulls been fed turnups or some type of tuber the bull would get barrels full of it he could not believe that they would eat that much.  I think our biggest fullblood maine was KBC Robato 32R was about 2700 when he pulled his stifle. http://abri.une.edu.au/online/cgi-bin/i4.dll?1=20352036&2=2420&3=56&5=2B3C2B3C3A&6=59245C5B2425272626&9=515F5F27
did he have a hip like that french bull? i was tolled inox could have a rounded hip like him.

Mark H

The Fullblood Maines (Rouge Des Pres)  in France have a very high incidence of double muscling.  Look at the bulls featured on a French website: http://www.maine-anjou.fr/fr/Rouges-des-Pres/Le-catalogue-dIA/Fiches-taureaux All but a couple of these bulls carry the gene for double muscling.  Each bull has his own link and the carriers are called "culard".
This was in the original imports-remember Dollar 2nd? Do you want to use bulls that carry this trait and worry about the calving problems.?

mark tenenbaum

A while back I think it was Knabe-put some pictures taken maybe in the late twenties of early versions of maines-smooth-deep bodied great looking cattle. It seems that they keep stressing the wrong traits over there-in fact the rejects that are too small are probably the most correct O0

Mark H

Change the count on double muscled bulls to three after reading the ads closer.  The bull in the article has a rounded hip likely due to being double muscled. 
If you wan to find Maines in France you like you have to go to France and look yourself as they type you want is not desired in France.

CAB

MCC said:
flacowman said:
My screen is white where the picture should be so it's got to be Charolais in a blizzard or a polar bear in a snow storm. (lol)

So MCC click on the blue HA Paris title towards the bottom of Fullblood's original post and a prompt will come up for pdf, click on the open querry and you should get the picture.

OH Breeder

this is about as good as I could get the picture to come through

Attachments

• FranceMB2.JPG
    FranceMB2.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 191