future in bull business..

Help Support Steer Planet:

katie_k

What kind of future is there in the bull business. Such as raising bulls for show breeding and rodeo bulls. Any do any of this?

J

JTM

Shorthorn Girl said:
What kind of future is there in the bull business. Such as raising bulls for show breeding and rodeo bulls. Any do any of this?
Unfortunately attempting to create a business by selling show bulls is something only a very select few have been able to do. In my opinion it just wouldn't be a very good business plan. Personally, my business plan is to create a superior commercial program for a foundation and then create show cattle on the side. The trick is trying to make your show cattle compliment your commercial cattle and your commercial cattle compliment your show cattle while both being profitable. I'm a little different than most and most would tell you to stick to one type. Although I would argue that show cattle are only profitable to the top 10% of breeders in any breed or crossbred.

Boot Jack Bulls

It can be done, but it is a huge investment of time and money. Also, you have to start with strong females before anyone will take your bulls seriously- no matter if it is show animal or commercial stock. When you say future, it is just that! It would definitely fall into the category of LONG range goals.

Steve123

I think Jirl Buck sold a couple bucking bulls in his last online bull sale. They each brought over 10K.

ZNT