Generators

Help Support Steer Planet:

vet tech

Whats the best type to get for use at shows? im looking at a "Generac GP7000E" is this any good?

rasor club calves

anything with wheels and handels really. we have a centrium (generic Generac brand) 5000 watt. It came with a heavy duty 220 cord with 4 out lets on it.

bruiser

You need to think about warranty also. Bought a new John Deere 8000 watt last year, ran like a sewing machine all summer but wouldn't stop burning oil. The dealer took it back this winter and tore down the engine, rehoned the cylinder ran it to break it in, still burnt oil liker mad. So the warranty dept. replaced the motor. The shop forman said everything mic- ed to specs so he didn't know what caused it. So far it doesn' t burn oil but has new warranty on the engine.

OKshorthorn

We are a dealer for Generac, I really like them. We have only had them for about a year and are not in our rental fleet but for the money I would definitely suggest it. The engines are modeled after Honda and are very similar for have the cost. IMO the best generator out there is a Tsurumi. We have them as a rental item and it is amazing the amount of abuse they can take, easily blow everything else out of the water from what I have seen.

Timber1

Soehnlen Cattle Co. said:
Whats the best type to get for use at shows? im looking at a "Generac GP7000E" is this any good?
We have one and I really like it. The electric start fires right up and runs everything we need. Had two Sullivans blowers and a 150,000 btu heater and work lights and a crock pot and it handled everyhing. But it is HEAVY!!

blackcows

We have Honda generators and they work really well for us.  They cost a little more but watch Craigslist and eBay and you will find that they hoid their value very well.  We use our generators to run an LQ on a horse trailer so the fact that they are very quiet is a plus.  If I were just going to use them for cattle shows than personally I wouldn't worry about how quiet the generator was becuase at most cattle shows it seems like lots of loud generators are running.