generators

Help Support Steer Planet:

frostback

So help a lady out, what watt generator would a person need to power two Sullivan blowers at once? Also maybe a pair of andis clippers. All the info reads greek to me.

drl

I had one that was a 5000 watt continuous that did that. Just make sure there are 20 amp breakers on it or you will blow the breakers every time you start a blower. A 6500 watt would be safer that it would have enough power.

A.T.B

i have a 5500 that i run 2 blowers 4 andis and 2 sheepheads off of at almost every show never blown...but its a honda :)

cbcr

These guys are both right, but another thing you may want to consider is the same generator could also be used at home if for some reason the electric power was to be out, especially in the winter.

The most common sizes are from the 5500 - 7500 watt range.  See how many 110 outlets they have, some also offer a 220 outlet.

So, the best solution is to find a good brand and warranty and get as much power for your money that you can afford

bruiser

Bought a new one last year. Decided on a John Deere because of availability of parts and service. Glad I did , motor used lots of oil but dealer made everything good, new motor and not a minute of downtime because they had a loaner. I bought an 8000 watt so I could hook up to house if needed. It runs a double blower setup and fans with no problems. I will only buy small engine products like this from a dealer that offers parts and service you'll be glad in the end.

JJKnudsen

We bought a 8000 watt last year. It was a Coleman with a Honda engine in it. We can run two blowers and a couple clippers no problem.