Glenn Beck

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

the only difference between repubs and dems is the people they give money to.  the amount is essentially the same, always increasing every year.

campaign slogan. 

i am not going to bring this community money.  see how many votes that gets.

my budget is fixed.  the government's isn't.  i have a problem with that.

doesn't matter though.

aj

I heard that Obama and the Democrats spent more in one bill than bush did in 8 years. Read the book "The 7 fat years". In my opinion thats where we need to be going. I think we have broke and are frying the golden egg.

knabe

subsidies always favor larger producers and those with connections and discourage optimum size producers to the detriment of everyone.

changing the rules also favors larger producers as they are the ones who usually write the new changes.  stasis in rules, even if the rules are bad is actually more beneficial to a wider diversity of producers than constantly changing the rules.

oakbar

I just heard on FOX that the Obama administration(not Obama himself) has openly admitted that they are targeting shows like Glenn Beck's(apparently in addtion to Rush, Hannity, and O'Reilly) to try to get them off the air.  I just caught the end of it, but apparently they were quoting a woman on the White House staff who had made some very nasty remarks and claimed they were "going after them"!!    Sounds like Fascism to me!!

knabe

oakbar said:
I just heard on FOX that the Obama administration(not Obama himself)

by carefully doing this, it makes obama seem reasonable, even though he IS the most radical person ever elected to congress and the white house.

folks, this is all about abortion in the city areas which basically is enough population to overrule rural areas.  conservatives want to call abortion murder, and as more and more people move away from religion, as school has replaced it, the battle has essentially been lost. 

what should be the penalty for abortion and how do you sell it to enough voters to outlaw and prosecute it?  ain't ever gonna happen.  there isn't enough conservatives adoption enough kids and with 50% of all black babies aborted, there aren't enough black people to raise them as it's EXTREMELY difficult for a non-black to adopt.  there is one couple at work who did though.

my solution is to lead by example and give up making it illegal.

just look at the mess steele got himself in the other day.  conservatives have a very small tent.

BIGTEX

The abortion issue is tough. It drives a lot of people to each party and for only that reason. I really wish it wasn't as big a deal as it is and let GOD sort it out. The economy and personal responsibility are more important issues to talk about. Have you ever tried talking to a Pro-abortion person about abortion? As unfortunate as it is I don't think Roe v. Wade will ever be over turned. :(

I think we can all agree that slavery is bad and immoral, but abortions okay? 

JbarL

BIGTEX said:
The abortion issue is tough. It drives a lot of people to each party and for only that reason. I really wish it wasn't as big a deal as it is and let GOD sort it out. The economy and personal responsibility are more important issues to talk about. Have you ever tried talking to a Pro-abortion person about abortion? As unfortunate as it is I don't think Roe v. Wade will ever be over turned. :(

I think we can all agree that slavery is bad and immoral, but abortions okay? 

stem cell reasearch is only adding fuel to the fire.......dem / repub / indep.....i doesnt matter....i am personally pro life.....but i also support embryo reasearch??.....seems a bit ambigious ...but actually the odd man out is  ...... "politics".....  thats what doesnt belong in any part of these conversations / or personal decisions....you cant legislate/ or impress upon:  morality.....jbarl

BIGTEX

The only thing Obama changed(about stem cell research) is that we now use taxpayer money to do stem cell research. Before it was privately funded. (correct me if I am wrong)

I would still rather talk about the financial issues and  the social agenda the admin. is pushing.