Glueing Tops

Help Support Steer Planet:

STEER_1981

Any tips on glueing tops?  What do you use?  What direction do you comb?  Do you add white paint?  And so on... Thanks. 

The Show

I like to use Sullivans Prime Time. It's a lighter glue and very natural looking. I usually clip the top how I want it and then hit it with a little prime time to hold it in place, then go back over it to fine tune it. Comb forward and you shouldn't need to paint it.

furinsilex

dito as to what the show said.  except we do from time to time build one alittle if they need it, then just paint it but thats normally only in the winter.  Just as with anything alittle goes along way.

3dfarms

I agree, I use Prime Time alot.  I have a friend who uses Tail adhesive on tops, legs, tails, everything.  Guess it is personal preference.  Good luck. 

wyatt

we showed a sooner heifer that like most sooners broke in her top we put some prime time and stood the hair straight up and clipped it level worked good

The Show

3dfarms said:
I agree, I use Prime Time alot.  I have a friend who uses Tail adhesive on tops, legs, tails, everything.  Guess it is personal preference.  Good luck. 
I love Prime Time. If the calf has good enough leg hair I prefer to use it and then hit it once with some Tail Adhesive after I've clipped it just to hold it all together. Clipping through Prime Time is much easier than clipping through Tail Adhesive because it doesn't gum up your blades as bad. 

3dfarms

The Show said:
3dfarms said:
I love Prime Time. If the calf has good enough leg hair I prefer to use it and then hit it once with some Tail Adhesive after I've clipped it just to hold it all together. Clipping through Prime Time is much easier than clipping through Tail Adhesive because it doesn't gum up your blades as bad. 

I'm with you!  I helped him clip a few months ago some cattle he had done the fitting on, and compared to Prime Time, their was gum everywhere on the blades and the clipped hair also was still all over the calf with adhesive which made a little of a mess.  Tail Adhesive has its place, but for all around use, I still prefer Prime Time.

Latest posts