Going rate for Clipping & Fitting

Help Support Steer Planet:

Quello

Does anyone happen to know the going rate for have someone come to a show and clip and fit your steer?

breyfarm

some of the best charge 200..wont say you cant find someone to get u a decent clip job for 50 bucks though

flyintale

My cattle get clipped for $35/head and fit $25-$35/head.  This guy has years of experience and every job is done like they are his own cattle and he is the one showing!

sizzler14

I clip for 40/head and fit for 50-60 a head depending on how many you have, plus the person im fitting for pays my gas and if any lodging is needed

AAOK

Blood, Sweat & Tears if you do it yourself!  Oh, I forgot self-accomplishment!!!

ZNT

Depending on the size of the show and quality of the hair, I typically charge $150/head to clip prior to show, then touch-up clip and fit at the show for majors like Ft. Worth.  Since that is a local show for us, I do not charge for travel.  Further shows may also include travel expenses.  Cattle purchased from us are typically free, unless extra travel is involved.

twistedhshowstock

For me it all depends.  I am big on helping kids learn, so if the kid is there and actively participating/learning then I will often do it for little more than just expenses being payed.  But if the kid isnt trying to learn or for open shows, etc. Then I charge $30 to clip, $50 to fit per head or a day fee of $300(depends on situation) and I always expect my travel and lodging to be covered by clients.