Gold Buckle Extravaganza

Help Support Steer Planet:

showsteer mom

yep- taking a heifer, maybe a lamb. Our good pig, lamb and steer is going to state fair. Heard they are moving the sale to a hotel in Springfield, on the red carpet thing like Denver. Wanting to serve alcohol. That should work well for those that are selling. I really can't believe that as big as Springfield is that they have not had more involvement from the business. This might be the turning point, might need to refocus out end points for next year. See ya there

bobwire

Were taking 1 steer,1 x-heifer,1 lamb and 4 goats should cross paths somewhere.Meatgoat producers are cooking goat burgers sat. evening. should be fun.

bobwire

We will have 4 meat goat wethers in the goat/sheep/hog barn - we will have up our sign "Stewart Boer Goats".  We will have a Polled Hereford steer and a Shorthorn heifer (see her in the "Team Sales" post) in the cattle barn.  Thought we would have our Corgi pups there for sale, but its just too hot to have them out all day - we will just have pics of them I guess.  Who are you?

goodnight

showsteer mom said:
yep- taking a heifer, maybe a lamb. Our good pig, lamb and steer is going to state fair. Heard they are moving the sale to a hotel in Springfield, on the red carpet thing like Denver. Wanting to serve alcohol. That should work well for those that are selling. I really can't believe that as big as Springfield is that they have not had more involvement from the business. This might be the turning point, might need to refocus out end points for next year. See ya there

Springfield businesses have rarely supported the OEF livestock in years past. In 1997, I had the champion market lamb and it brought $300 at the premium sale. I was tickled pink, but in retrospect I should have saved the lamb for MO state fair. The Gala is better than in years past, obviously, but it still has a long way to go, imo. I will be at the steer show on Sunday morning, hopefully, with my 10 week old son. He is not showing, btw  ;D

showsteer mom

The Dillys... My son won the steer show at the Gala in 07 and my daughter was Res at the MO State Fair in 07. That year the steer sold for 10,000.00 which I was happy with. I think maybe that someone in the OEF office needs to contact those business in Branson, they are soooo close to there, you would think that those people would kick in some money and make it a better sale than the state fair, which in the steer category last year, it would not of taken much. Haven't heard how many steer or heifers will be there, I know the numbers were done some last year. Guess we will see on Friday.  C you all there.

bobwire

Seems like I heard entries are up a little this year.  I know we entered more than in previous years.  We entered 2 market lams, but they were reserve champion in 2 different county fairs and made it into two sales, so we sold them.  We also have a Wether Dam ewe that we will be bringing.  This is our first year with sheep.  Its also our first year to bring a steer.  We had just goats until last year - we had goats and 2 commercial heifers last year.
Community support seems to be pretty hard to drum up - I know the girls working for the Foundation work hard at it all year.  Hopefully moving the sale will help the prices - pretty bad to think that allowing potential buyers to consume alcohol will help with the prices, but I guess that's reality....