Good ole clubby genetics...what a train wreck

Help Support Steer Planet:

hangonsloopy

Check out this guy.  He is a Heatseeker X Full Throttle ET baby born the other day.  He was a hard pull out of a 10 year old recip that has never had troubles.  He weighed 125lbs. He is crippled as all get out, but to top it off he has absolutely no tail. :eek:  It almost looks like the rear 3 or 4 inches of his spine didnt develop.  Just wondering if any one has had one like this.

Attachments

• pic1.JPG
    pic1.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 268
  • pic2.JPG
    pic2.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 296
  • pic 3.JPG
    pic 3.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 273

jbh

hangonsloopy said:
Check out this guy.  He is a Heatseeker X Full Throttle ET baby born the other day.  He was a hard pull out of a 10 year old recip that has never had troubles.  He weighed 125lbs. He is crippled as all get out, but to top it off he has absolutely no tail. :eek:  It almost looks like the rear 3 or 4 inches of his spine didnt develop.  Just wondering if any one has had one like this.

What's behind the Throttle cow??.......Was her dam Maine by chance????

hangonsloopy

What's behind the Throttle cow??.......Was her dam Maine by chance????
[/quote

Throttle X Shakedown X Angus

GM

We had a shorthorn bull born without a tail.  Same thing as this calf...it looked like the spine stopped right at the tail head.  This was back in the early 90's, and he wasn't "clubby" genetics or anything.

BrechtCattleCo

I got a good idea of what you will do with the calf, but what are you going to do with it? It's not like you can do much with it is there?

simtal

maybe you could show him as a market lamb, already docked and good market weight. The question is if he will brace

linnettejane

omg...the poor thing!

does he have a butt hole?  is that yellow stuff poo?  sorry for the ?'s...just the craziest thing ive ever seen...

justintime

You will have to wholesale this calf... simply because he would be hard to retail!

I have seen a couple calves with no tail. very similar to this calf. Both were years ago and were not even close to anything clubby. One was a Hereford, and the other was an Angus.

DL

There are reports of calves born without tails having other congenital abnormalities FWIW

jbw

I saw a Dirty Harry like  that once, nice calf, grew well, had a H#$$ of a time with flies.

Show Heifer

jbw said:
I saw a Dirty Harry like  that once, nice calf, grew well, had a H#$$ of a time with flies.

The orginal post said the calf was "crippled".... how do they grow if they can't walk?

aj

The deal at Oakley Ks that has the largest prarie dog in the world might be inerested in that booger.

justintime

Could this have happened if you didn't put the entire straw of semen into the cow when she was inseminated? The tail may have been left in the straw. Sorry I had to ask!  haha

jbw

Sorry showhfr, I meant with no tail, did not explaine my self!

kanshow

That is why you should push that syringe clear to the stopping point - so you can get the 'tail end of the semen' in there!  ;D

We had a calf born without an anus this year.  It was an ET calf & when we took it to the vet school we were told there is a study going on about congenital defects/abnormalities due to mishandling of embryos - mostly in cloning but often in ET.   

jbh

justintime said:
You will have to wholesale this calf... simply because he would be hard to retail!

I have seen a couple calves with no tail. very similar to this calf. Both were years ago and were not even close to anything clubby. One was a Hereford, and the other was an Angus.

Sorry to laugh at your expense....BUT, that was FUNNY! (lol)  Retail.....Oh MY!  You should ALL be ashamed of yourself!

Didn't SHakedown have some STINGER in him......let's just BLAME IT on that and FORGET the Heat Seeker part of it.......haha