Grand Champion Shorthorn Bull NILE

Help Support Steer Planet:

Okotoks

Alta Cedar Real Steel 14Y was Grand Champion shorthorn bull at the NILE in Billings this week. I think he is also heading to the Canadian National Shorthorn Show in Edmonton next month.
Congratulations to Zane Martin Promiseland Cattle Co. and Alta Cedar Shorthorns.

Attachments

• Alta Cedar Real Steel 14Y NILE GrCh.jpg
    Alta Cedar Real Steel 14Y NILE GrCh.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 368

Telos

He looks like a great one. Like everything about him.Congrats on the championship and well deserved.

Promiseland

Mark, the Gold Count son  PLC Gold Standard was Champion Shorthorn bull a couple years ago. He in fact beat Talladega! Jake Scott of Neb judged the show.  Gold Standard is a bull who produces a tremendous amount of thickness, performance and structural soundness. Have had 2 good sets of calves by him so far. His sons are the first bulls sold (and spoke for as calves I might add) . All have been sold to commercial ranchers to put on Angus cows. Extremely consistent producer. We have bred him to over 100 hd of cows (naturally) over the past 2 yrs on extremely harsh and rugged country. Serviced all in 45 days time and actually gained weight.

Promiseland

April  Real Steel x 20/20 Vision (same dam to Gold Standard). Pictured without creep and untouched.

Attachments

• Steel - 20.jpg
    Steel - 20.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 219
  • Steel 21.jpg
    Steel 21.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 270

Promiseland

Mark, I will make a point of getting pictures of Gold Standard and progeny Shorthorn to the Plus x Angus calves.. He is moderate bw, high performing on a moderate frame. Put's more power into his calves than any bull I have ever used (Natural or AI) in the past 15 yrs.  He is somewhat of a rockstar with the Angus and Simmy guys in these parts.

mark tenenbaum

If your Gold bull is a rockstar with Montana commercial angus boyz-HES GOTTA BE AN EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD ANIMAL OF ANY NON BLACK (clapping) BREED-hats off-luv to see pics in your travels.PS that Canadian bull is no slouch whatsoever-that red bulll just hit me as a major sleeper from the Country add -on O0  <party>

Latest posts