grand district fair!

Help Support Steer Planet:

firesweepranch

Ozark Empre Fair - Oh, we just had the best fair EVER!!!! Friday was 4-h/FFA and we had a division reserve champion (heifer bought at diamond and spurs sale), reserve champion cow calf pair, three first places, two seconds and a fourth place. Today was the open, playing with the big boys..... we had supreme female, who was also champion cow calf (this is the same pair that took third at nationals), reserve champion bull, a reserve division champion same heifer from sale), and took home three firsts, two seconds, and a 8th place. Not bad huh? Plus, she won the Jr herdsman award; ) Oh, and Produce of Dam!!!! Won that too....
We will come down off our cloud in a few days. ...

AAOK

WOW OH WOW!!  I didn't know about all the Hardware at the Open Show.  Congratulations to all.  Did you win any Halters???

firesweepranch

They only give big purple banners: ) but our reserve bull wore one of new halters you mailed me! We get premium money; $45 for each first $35 for each second and $25 for third. That is for open; FFA / 4-H got $15 for first, $13 for second, $9 for third. She also gets premium for the produce of dam, but not sure how much. The thing that kills you is the cost of the photos that you HAVE to buy when you win like that (pic of cattle with judge). Now we start with charalois tomorrow. ..... then state fair in a week and a half..... sleep? What's that?????? Ha ha ha.....

siggyl67

Congratulations!!  (clapping)  Sounds like you all had a great time at districts!!  Good luck at state fair!  :)

SWMO

I know of one other really nice two year old simmy pair that will be their as well. Good luck!

firesweepranch

Yea! We love competition! Every judge has a different opinion on what they want, and that is great. We like to see more pairs out there showing. That pair wouldn't happen to be a macho heifer with a ranch hand bull calf would it? If so, then you are right! I think she can beat our pair any day. I have always loved that heifer.... would love to have her in my barn  ;D

coachmac

Again, congratulations to the Callison family!  Great show! Becca worked really hard at OEF.  We are looking forward to Sedalia as well!  Who knows... might even get to walk her in the ring there too! 

firesweepranch

coachmac said:
Again, congratulations to the Callison family!  Great show! Becca worked really hard at OEF.   We are looking forward to Sedalia as well!  Who knows... might even get to walk her in the ring there too! 

Thank you! Bliss looked great, just seemed to be a "Lilo" day Sunday,  huh? Hard to believe a judge could be so consistant with picking so many heifers from the same donor dam!!!! I was in shock.... Bailey did good in showmanship. She does great for a girl her age.  : -)

W

WHOMADEYOU

well congrats. Where did the rest of your cattle come from?? and why did you post this on Steerplanet?? I mean you didnt just win Denver or State Fair or a National show for that matter. This is a stupid topic.

coachmac

L...... easy tiger!  You ever heard of the term "you better check yourself at the door"?  It appears that you might have been at the show in question and are a little upset that either the animal you showed... or the animal you wanted to win.....did not!  In either case it is just a little ironic that NO ONE on SP has heard one intelligent remark from you (considering this was probably your first, and only, comment).  Either drop a couple and come on back and chat, or hang out on another forum.  There are not many people on here that appreciate comments like that.  As far as why post something like that on here.......because she is a parent and parents take pride in what their kids accomplish!  I am purely speculating that you must not know what that feels like, but that does not excuse such immature comments.  See ya in Sedalia! 

siggyl67

Coachmac, you got it exactly right with the immature comments.  I thought that reply was completely un-called for on this site.

We were up there last night for the concert, and I felt for all of the animal exhibitors with that heat.  It was very hot, I did notice that they put up big ceiling fans in the arena.  Did that help out any during the show?

AAOK

WHOMADEYOU said:
well congrats. Where did the rest of your cattle come from?? and why did you post this on Steerplanet?? I mean you didnt just win Denver or State Fair or a National show for that matter. This is a stupid topic.

WHOMADEYOU, yours was a Stupid Post!  To quote Forrest Gump, "Stupid is as stupid does".

coachmac

siggyl67 said:
Coachmac, you got it exactly right with the immature comments.  I thought that reply was completely un-called for on this site.

We were up there last night for the concert, and I felt for all of the animal exhibitors with that heat.  It was very hot, I did notice that they put up big ceiling fans in the arena.  Did that help out any during the show?

Oh man!  It was a huge help! My hats off to the committee, person, board........whoever the driving force was to get those fans.  It really made being on the floor much more bearable.  How was the concert? 

siggyl67

Well I am glad they got some air circulating in there!  (clapping)

The concert was really good.  She was late starting, so we didn't get out of there until 9:40.  A little late to drive back and then go to work today!  Draggin a little bit today!  But I think that Kylee really enjoyed the concert!

W

WHOMADEYOU

is that Missouri State Fair?? I might be there to see how bad your heifer walks coachmac!

coachmac

LOL.....  you will have the best view....from behind her in the lineup!  Come up and say hi!  I'll be the guy with a big smile on my face!

firesweepranch

coachmac said:
LOL.....  you will have the best view....from behind her in the lineup!   Come up and say hi!  I'll be the guy with a big smile on my face!
Good one Shawn!  Glad I am not in your class; -)  I am trying to get Rebekah to leave the bull at home, one less to fit! Might need some help showing open, since her Charolais is showing at the same time for Jr. You guys leaving Tuesday?  Our trailer is getting detailed right now, should look cool when we get it back!

coachmac

congrats on the trailer!  sure it will look nice.  let me know if you need a hand showing for open.  might have some time after fitting.  i think tuesday is when we are going up.  not 100%

JWCC

whomadeyou, you dnt have a clue in life do you?? Stop bad mouthing people!! I hope u get ur clocks rung! Hey callison's and McAlister families, good luck at state fair!! We might be there to watch, I'm nt really sure yet.