"Grayish" heifer wanted

Help Support Steer Planet:

T-bob

I'm looking for a "gray" heifer to purchase this fall, She does not need to be show quality, i'm just looking for a solid gray heifer. My girlfriend thinks she needs a "gray" heifer.  Pm me if you have any "gray" heifer calves out there for sale this fall.  I live in ND so probly most i'll travel is iowa, neb area.  Pics would be great thanks.  Hopefully she changes her mind on color.

forbes family farms

Tell her that gray ones are not the best mama cows because they don't gain weight etc. that's what i have been told though i don't know for sure.

forbes family farms

Get ahold of kobo_ranch here on steer planet they have a grayish steer or heifer not sure which one and looks to be a decent show quality calf they are located in Centeral Texas.

beattieclubcalves

forbes if you read there post it says the farthest they would travel is iowa and i have plenty of gray cattle weighin up there better than some blacks

Vetter Cattle

forbes family farms said:
Tell her that gray ones are not the best mama cows because they don't gain weight etc. that's what i have been told though i don't know for sure.

This is not true i have a smokey heifer that i am feeding right now and she is by far out gaining any of the black or red steers. But as mothers they tend to get a tempter on them if you arent carefull

DakotaCow

Im sure we can find something that will fit the bill much closer to home.

BGF

I have a real nice Hard Core X Hoo Doo Gray heifer, I would actually call her a smoke color/white with black nose.  I will try and get you a picture.  Lcoated near KC.