Great news on Guantanamo

Help Support Steer Planet:

aj

They are shutting it down and moving it to Kansas. Thanks to the Democrats the prisoners are rumored to be moved to Fort Leavenworth to plug up our courts. Thanks alot you brain dead liberals! Why not send them to Teddy(drunk) Kennedy's district or Barney Franks district or to San Fransisco to brain dead Pelosies district. The entire democrat party nmust have a combined I.Q. of a grapefruit. I guess Camalot is here.

knabe

they should move them to the presidio in SF.

maybe they can help spread foot and mouth when they are in kansas. 

maybe just release them in SF and let them run for office.  i'm sure they'd win, what with diversity and all.

aj

Hopefully they will put Al Franken in charge of rehabilitation and then release them to half way houses. They ought to have a great strategic advantage if they can operate from the center of the country. Hoorah for the Democrats! Hoorah for the Democrats! Long live Obama!

Torch

The good is that if they would have escaped from the tropical paradise of Guantanamo it was only a short hike to Cuba (of course through a mine field). Now here in Kansas it's a short hike to a meeting with a gun carrying NRA member!

Or, I guess we could send them to Wyoming to help raise sheep.

Just heard that the government has recommended that the National Bio and Agro defense facility be relocated to Kansas. Do we have our first test subjects arriving from Guantanamo? Coincidence? I think not!

aj

They are really into the democracy deal lately. If you have more money than them they will vote to take it from you. If there are two men and one woman on a island they will vote to rape the woman....democracy rules. If you live in Kansas with only 1 and half million people in state you are going to get raped. New York has more illegal aliens than Kansas has souls so we are screwed.

jason

Torch said:
The good is that if they would have escaped from the tropical paradise of Guantanamo it was only a short hike to Cuba (of course through a mine field). Now here in Kansas it's a short hike to a meeting with a gun carrying NRA member!

Or, I guess we could send them to Wyoming to help raise sheep.

Just heard that the government has recommended that the National Bio and Agro defense facility be relocated to Kansas. Do we have are first test subjects arriving from Guantanamo? Coincidence? I think not!

(lol)

justintime

aj.... tell us what you really think. I am getting confused  lol

this is just another example of political correctness gone a muck.  maybe they will dump all these terrorists out in the middle of the ocean in a small dingy with a slow leak.

vc

Don't you have hog farms in Kansas, maybe they could put them to work cleaning the waste ponds?

kanshow

I sure hope they don't haul them over to Manhattan & have them work at the new biosecurity deal.  Talk about giving them a loaded gun.

OH Breeder

aj said:
They are shutting it down and moving it to Kansas. Thanks to the Democrats the prisoners are rumored to be moved to Fort Leavenworth to plug up our courts. Thanks alot you brain dead liberals! Why not send them to Teddy(drunk) Kennedy's district or Barney Franks district or to San Fransisco to brain dead Pelosies district. The entire democrat party nmust have a combined I.Q. of a grapefruit. I guess Camalot is here.

I was raised when you complain then you also need to come up with a solution. So what is the solution for potitical detainees? What would you suggest?

OH Breeder

kanshow said:
I might be way behind but why do they have to move them at all?   

Since October 7, 2001, when the current war in Afghanistan began, 775 detainees have been brought to Guantánamo. Of these, approximately 420 have been released without charge. As of May 2008, approximately 270 detainees remain.More than a fifth are cleared for release but must nevertheless remain indefinitely because countries are reluctant to accept them.

Three have been convicted of various charges:

David Hicks was found guilty under retrospective legislation introduced in 2006 of providing material support to terrorists in 2001]
Salim Hamdan took a job as chauffeur driving Osama bin Laden.
Ali al-Bahlul made a video celebrating the attack on the USS Cole (DDG-67)Template:WP Ships USS instances.

Of those still incarcerated, U.S. officials said they intend to eventually put 60 to 80 on trial and free the rest.

knabe

60 or so of those released have returned to the battlefield. about 1/3 of those have been killed on the battlefield.

they are not political detainees.  they are combatants captured on the "battlefield".  they chose not to wear a uniform, and are therefore, not subject to the geneva convention rules.

many are probably naive brainwashed children.

i suggest that those who would seek their release work on taking them into their homes and reintegrating them into society and take responsibility for them.  those that take them into their homes should be responsible for the actions of the detainees, subject to lawsuits by potential victims similar to parents being subject to prosecution by the behavior of their children.

i am satisfied to leave them where they are until islam changes it's tone and takes it upon themselves to stop the zionist propaganda machinery and all the other dhimmitude behavior.  Islam is not superior or even equal to our system in my opinion, and the founding father's opinion.  we set up this country to get rid of anarchy, oops i mean monarchy.  those who are not, should take responsibility for them.

countries are not reluctant to take them.  they absolutely refuse to take them.

perhaps those seeking their release could bunk with the inmates for a while to help them acclimate rather than forcing them upon society and having no exposure to these people themselves.

since those seeking their release aren't really interested in actually getting to know these people, i feel they should have less say in the matter than those who captured them on the battlefield and provided them gourmet meals and koran's unspoiled by unbelievers hands.

i'm guessing that those who seek their release have forgotten about daniel pearl and can see no situation that might be similar for them if they tried and discussed the matter with these people.  of course those seeking their release will blame this on bush, the west, whites who need to make it right, anyone and everyone that excludes them from any blame.

i understand some of your perspective OH Breeder, but not all of it.  i must say, that even though we sometimes feel in some way that we will never agree on some issues, that at least we can respect each other.  we don't need to agree, but at least we can agree to disagree on issues like these.  i try and avoid trying to frame my response in a "last word" form out of respect for you.

thanks,

Mark

justintime

I heard something today on the radio, that Switzerland is considering taking all the detainees and holding them all until their trials are completed. I just heard the last part of the story, so I am guessing they will have their trials in the world court. Let's not ever forget who these so called " detainees' are. Most were captured in battle. Most hate Western civilization. Most would love to cut the head off a Western person ( especially an American citizen). Most would gladly die by carrying a bomb strapped to their body in a school or shopping center. All are devout Islamic fundamentalists, even though some were only 14 or 15 years old when they were captured. Most would love to be responsible for as many Western deaths as possible. The terrorists who flew the planes into the towers on 911, had lived amongst us and in some cases, had been here for a few years. A flying instructor in my home town, told me that he had a young Arab man who wanted to take flying lessons a few months prior to 911. He said that he was paid in cash and after a few lessons told this guy he could not continue to take lessons from him as he had no interest in learning to land a plane, he just wanted to learn how to take off and fly it. After 911, this flight instructor was absolutely sick as he realized what this guy was.

One of these detainees  in Guantanamo is a Canadian citizen. He was captured at the age of 14 after he killed two American soldiers with a hand grenade, during a battle. His family immigrated to Canada prior to his birth. The family used Canada as a home base, despite the father taking his three sons to several Arab countres for terrorist training on numerous occasions. The father was eventually killed in a battle, as was one of his sons. Another son was wounded in a battle and was returned to Canada for the free health care he could get here, and is now in a wheelchair for the remainder of his life. It really annoys me that some of my tax dollars may have been used to pay for the multiple surgeries that were done on this young terrorist who would just as soon kill me as talk to me. The father, his dead son, his now crippled son, and the one still in Guantanamo, are considered as heros in Arab circles. There are a bunch of mush heads here in Canada, that feel the son in Guatanamo, should be brought back to Canada for his trial. I hear some weak headed people call into teh radio talk shows and say that he should be returned to Canada with no trial.  Let us all hope and pray that this never happens because under our legals system he would be on the streets within 6 months, if not sooner. Most people do not understand what is taking place. This is what scares me.

I know a few Arab people, who have come to our country determined to start a new life for themselves. They are good people who work hard and pay their own way. They are just as opposed to what the lunatic Islamic fringe are doing as any of us are. I have absolutely no problem with these people being a part of our society. They are good people. I got to know a family who moved to my home town from Iraq. They came with little, but worked hard and within 3 or 4 years had saved enough money to purchase a good restaurant. They worked hard and the business flourished. Before long they had completely paid for their business as well as the Lincoln and Cadillac that were parked in front of their business. They were proud of the opportunity offered to them and they were very ashamed and upset when 911 occurred. They were bothered by the fact that their business dropped after 911, and eventually they put it up for sale and moved away to a bigger city. Because they were Arab, some people painted them with the same brush as the Islamic terrorists who hit the towers. This was just WRONG.

I think that we all need to know as much about these people as they know about us. If you look at the birth rates in all Arabic countries, they are all over 3 times all Western countries. I heard one Islamic fundamentalist leader interviewed on TV and his words are now burnt into my brain. He said " We will win this war against the West. It may take a few generations, but in the end we will win. We are not in any hurry, but we are winning this war one birth at a time." That is what scares me. This thing is a long ways from being over... and i worry about what the future holds. I certainly hope our leaders will do whatever it takes to secure the future of the free world.

OH Breeder

Knabe,
I should have referance material. That is not my opinion but collection of information from the internet news sources. I really don't have an opinion on the situation because I am not educated enough about it to make one at this time. I am not one to just complain without giving a reasonable solution ( or reasonable in my mind) I believe too many times people bitch and complain but are not willing to offer a solution.I would not make statement on an issue I am not familiar with.
Thanks anyways for your respect of opinions.
Shawn

GONEWEST

I am so confused as to why these people, and illegal aliens as well, have ANY, repeat ANY contitutional rights? WHY? HOW? They are prisoners of war not citizens of this country.  As far as what to do with them, I say release them all. I  think releasing them in some remote part of Denali National Park this February would be a really good place to do it. That may be cold hearted, no pun intended, but our boys die every day over there because of the way we fight this so called war. How can war be politically correct? If there is collateral damage will they hate us more?? How could they? We give countries billions of dollars that could stay here and they all still hate us. Isreal didn't exactly care about the civilian casualties, they wanted the rocket barrages stopped.

Just can't get a warm fuzzy feeling over people who want to kill YOU Ohio Breeder. If the new president is viewed as weak by these people, we are going to suffer big time. What do you think another attack here would do to our economy today? The depression of the 30's would be childs play compared. I say we are headed down the wrong path as far as this war goes.

AND, AND he won supposedly because he was going to fix the economy and before he could even take office he starts saying it may take 4 or 5 years  :eek:. Think he would have won espousing  that view point in September?