green calf hel please

Help Support Steer Planet:

showsteer11

i have a short horn steer that needs to be  finished by the first of febuary but is just very green and imtaure looking  any suggestions would be appreciated

JoeDirt

showsteer11 said:
i have a short horn steer that needs to be  finished by the first of febuary but is just very green and imtaure looking  any suggestions would be appreciated

When you tell us about a calf you need to post pictures and tell us more about him LIKE how much does he weigh? When was he born? how much is he eating? What is he eating EXACTLY?  Then we can help

Until then we cant help...

I hope you understand..... it is like me asking Steer planet this

I have this black steer that i want to sell ...does anyone know how much I should sell him for?

Please dont be mad I am just trying to help ALL SD'ers so we can give them the right answers

showsteer11

haha welll thanks fur the tips and  he weighs about 980  and he is an end of sptember  out  of th e shorthorn bull moe  but i dont have any pics right now sry if that isnt enough info

showsteer11

oh and he is getting 3 gallons of showmaster finsher 2 times a day with a small flake of hay every night

JoeDirt

you have 4 months to get 1250 and that is 120 days and you need to get 270 lb more weigh gain to reach 1250

This is what I would do

you need 2- 2.5% of his weigh in feed ( this means 10 lb a meal, then you need to feed him this Winners fill http://www.kentshowfeeds.com/products/beef/winning_fill.html twice a day  ( this stuff is like hay but has 15 % protien and 4 % fat and calves love it

and one flake 2 times a day

And this is the top sercet

http://www.smartpakequine.com/ProductClass.aspx?productclassid=3725

1 scoop per meal then up it to 2 in the last 60 days

Your calf should gain at least 2.5 lb aday and I think he will gain more then that.at this rate u will get 300 lb in 120 days

I would start by upping your feed to this level over a week to 2 weeks time and not all at once.  you can add a little winner fill each day to start and 1 scoop a day for the first two weeks and by the end of two week you will be up to the full feed....

JoeDirt

Do the research and ask around you will be able to get your calf to 1250 very easy .....hope it is not a large frame score calf or it will not be fat enough

showsteer11

he isnt to big framed and again thanks i think he is guna be a really good one if we can get him right

JoeDirt

showsteer11 said:
he isnt to big framed and again thanks i think he is guna be a really good one if we can get him right

Get your cell phone out and tacke some pic and post them

JoeDirt

CJC said:
100 Mill

All it is .....Coagulated oil with sweet smell and flavoring

Can you use that cool calories on heifers?

I dont see a problem with it but I have never used it on heifers

Guaranteed Analysis
Ingredient Per Serving Per Pound
Crude Fat Min  99.0%
Total Fatty Acid, Min  95.0%
Free Fatty Acids, Mac  1.0%
Unsaponifiable Matter, Max  1.5%
Insoluble Impurities, Max  0.5%
Moisture, Max  1.0%

Ingredients:
Vegetable fat partially hydrogenated, preserved with tocepherols and artificial flavor.