Grinning happily :-)

Help Support Steer Planet:

firesweepranch

Why am I grinning happily?  ;D Because we are getting a GOOD rain here in SW Missouri!!! A much needed rain. No grass left, desperate for forage... we watched the forcast and saw a little rain in the future so we rented a no till drill and put in 20 acres of annual ryegrass and fescue mix on Thursday/Friday.  We prayed for rain and so far we have gotten more than an inch since last night!!! Yippee!!! And, to show how dry it is, there is NO water running in the creek that always has water after just a half an inch!!!
Now for a little sunshine and a few warm days and we might be able to go off hay and back onto grass!!!!!!!
Just had to share our good news...

AAOK

Only a 90 degree day here today in south central Oklahoma.  We received  .65" much needed rain yesterday.  Hadn't seen rain since the middle of May.

LN

I recorded 3.20" in south Texas today. That's close to what we've had all year. Happy to hear about others getting much needed rain!

SWMO

It's been a long time in coming and the smiles were huge yesterday.  More forecast for today.  Praying for those of you that still haven't gotten any significant rainfall.  We will take all that we can get,  ponds are drying up.

Had to bite my tongue some when an uninformed town dweller bit*hed about the rain and how it was spoiling their day.  I don't think people even begin to realize the seriousness of this drought and the long term implications on food costs.  Done with my soapbox!

firesweepranch

I agree about the complaining... go somewhere else! We ended up with 2.22 inches as of 7AM, and when I went out to check cattle there was still NO water in the creeks! No puddles, no water standing anywhere!!!!! I was shocked  :eek:
It has been raining today since about 11am, and still falling  ;D Love love love it!!!!! Forcast for the next week; high 70's to 80's and low 60's at night. Great weather for growing fall season grasses...

DCC show cattle

Glad someone is getting some rain. I'm sitting in Caldwell, Tx 25 miles west of college station and not a single drop at the home place. Texas Drought 2011 still continues on our place...

twistedhshowstock

We got a little shower, not even enough to record, in east Texas this morning...hearing that people all around us are getting rain, but none right here...as our preacher said in church this morning..."it all depends on what side of town you live on, we must not have reallized that God wanted us to segregate the town by demonitation, because this morning some got sprinkled and some got baptised."  But the forecast says its supposed to move in again later this afternoon with a pretty definate chance for some rain, so we are praying.  I told everyone to wash their cars then leave their windows down and whatever they do dont carry an umbrella, cause it never seems to happen when we are prepared.

nate53

It's been dry here as well, have had  3/4's of an inch since first of July ( a tenth here a tenth there).  Been really wet the past four years and now the tap has been turned off, well at least we got cornstalks for the cows to run on.  Glad to see it does rain in at least part of Texas and Oklahoma. :)

thebulllady

Firesweep.. so glad to hear you're getting rain!  I'm between Waco and College Station, and counted 7 drops of rain on the windshield when I went out to feed the heifers down the road.  We do have severe weather warnings until 10 this evening, but nothing here so far.  PLEASE RAIN.. I'm down to the smallest herd I've had for almost 30 years.