Grower with vitaferm

Help Support Steer Planet:

WBar Farms

Feeding fitters edge and wondering if feeding vitaferm with it would be bad because so much protien together?

twistedhshowstock

No not a problem at all.  when you are discussing supplements that they get in such small amounts it doesnt affect the protein content that much.  Say for example if you are feeding a 13% grower and add SureChamp which is 25% it isnt gonna make your feed 38% because SureChamp is such a small part of the total volume of feed, its just gonna give them a little boost and thats what it was designed for.

creativecattle

twistedhshowstock said:
No not a problem at all.  when you are discussing supplements that they get in such small amounts it doesnt affect the protein content that much.  Say for example if you are feeding a 13% grower and add SureChamp which is 25% it isnt gonna make your feed 38% because SureChamp is such a small part of the total volume of feed, its just gonna give them a little boost and thats what it was designed for.

Twistedhshowstock bring up a good point because you are only feeding a pound a day it is only going to have a minimal impact on protein. Good luck with the product and be sure to check out www.surechamp.com

justme

I found with new calves though, to gradually build it up to full strength

twistedhshowstock

I think younger calves dont really need the full pound, but it shouldnt hurt them if they get it.  Most of the excess will just be excreted from the body, pretty hard to make anything build up and cause a problem, but I generally have them on the full pound a day by the time they are yearlings at the latest.