GUTS??

Help Support Steer Planet:

5VSC

How do most of you guys out there add more guts and substance to a calf... This is something we have had trouble getting in our steers/heifers over the years.

jphelps

As mentioned above beet pulp, but there are plenty of pelleted supplements out there that are made to expand the gut ie full tank, winning fill, apex, ruma-fill. feeding a high corn based feed to get them fatter could help you out. also feeding them the right type of hay and of course having fresh water.

CAB

I hear that quite a few PPL are going back to purina's old receiving chow. They are mixing half of a show mix feed with half receiving chow. Cattle love if and once wet, it expands well.

pjkjr4

cattlemanr said:
Kent's Winning Fill & Essentials X-Pando, This combination has worked well for me.

Are you mixing the two together on show day?

cattlemanr

I start anywhere from several days before to  a week before and increase the amounts until I get the results I want.  Feeding products like this just on show day you just cannot get the maximum effect.  If you want Guts you have to feed for it more than just show day.  Good luck.