Guyer Dispersal

Help Support Steer Planet:

johnmetzger

Just found out that Dave Guyer is having a dispersal sale along with the Chosen Few sale on 1/7/2012. Per Pimetime

OH Breeder

Right from Craig's website.

"ptamn It's official: The Guyer Cattle Co Dispersal is set for 1/07 in conjunction w/ The Chosen Few. Everything will sell! What an event!"

Show Dad

Straight from the sale catalog:

It’s Not the End ... It’s the Beginning.
We’re not getting out of this business we love. Not at all. Rather, we’re changing our focus from production to promotion and marketing
of these same cattle. Increased demands of family plus time and travel in our other show cattle-related businesses have necessitated
this change of course. Cows like these deserve more attention than our current schedule allows so we’re selling them all in order
to allow others to maximize their potential. We’re turning them loose but we’re looking forward to working with their new owners
and marketing their progeny through The Chosen Few and our other, proven channels.
Select From Our Absolute Best On January 7th!
- Dave Guyer and the Guyer Crew

vc

if there in partniship with Colburn Cattle Company where do they fall in all of this?

iowahawkeye

Everything sells, it sounds like they don't have time for them. Any guesses on how much grizzly will go for?

OH Breeder

The Show said:
I'm gonna say the drought has something to do with it too.

Dave's operation if I am not mistaken is on the Indiana Illinois line. We have not had any issues up this way with rain this year. In fact that is about all we have had. It has been a pretty wet year for us. Never seen a fall this wet in quiet sometime.

The Show

Your right! I was thinking they were in Oklahoma for some reason, but that's Griswold  (lol)

chambero

In other words the money aint in raising them, its in the trading and service side.

chambero

In all reality, it us impossible to do everything well.  There just isnt enough time.  I get frustrated sometimes that we cant take my own kids to shows as often as we like because we are too busy with the mommas.

kfacres

iowahawkeye said:
. Any guesses on how much grizzly will go for?

most of him, has already been sold.. I was at the sale when he sold as either a calf, or yearling.. I forget, been too long ago- think it was about the 1st chosen few, or 2nd sale.  I remember Dave set up classes for us to judge, as we were there working out- and I think he had 5 bulls, and I think we used Grizzly in about 2nd hole.  . 

twistedhshowstock

I doubt Grizzly will be in the offering...he said the mommas are going, didnt say anything about the bulls...and I bet there will probably be a few mommas hanging around the place...nothing against Dave, I think he is a pretty upstanding guy, just the way it typically goes in this business.