HAB- How did your heifers do in Denver?

Help Support Steer Planet:

HAB

LLBUX said:
How did your Galloway heifers do in Denver?

Heard you had Reserve Bull-  Good job!

LLBUX- We had a judge from Scotland, so the palcings weren't what everyon expected.

That being said, our Mar. 2nd bull calf Moto Moto got Gr. bull calf.  The judge said he had too much guts.   Moto Moto got lots of looks in the yards.  People couldn't believ the guts, butt, bone and hair in a TH free package.

Our heifers did well.  The dun that everyone likes, got 4th in class.  we had the top 5 in the class of 15, just not the order I would have placed them. ;)

The Res. bull was a 2009 model bull we had sold to a breeder outside of Denver at the 2010 NWSS.

We also had Gr. pair of females, res. pair of bulls, champion get of sire.

Our 3/4 blood percentage heifer was res.percentage female.  She also won the carcass contest.

LLBUX

Sounds like a good day.  Congrats!      A Scot judge would certainly mix things up.

Any good Belties in the show?

Get home safe-

andholl

The judge said he had too much guts.  

[/quote]

Was he serious?  ??? How can you have too much guts?  O0

HAB

LLBUX said:
Sounds like a good day.   Congrats!       A Scot judge would certainly mix things up.

Any good Belties in the show?

Get home safe-

Thanks, yes it did mix things up.  Some exhibitors were not happy.

Blisfull, Uphill, and Tarups had some good belties.  The judge did not seem to give them much of a look.  It is not that he doesn't  like belteds, as his daughter- in- law raises some in Scotland.

He gave little to no reasons on any palcings other than in the champion drive.

None of the belteds weighed or did ultrasounding. So I can't tell you how they matched up performance wise.

HAB

andholl said:
 The judge said he had too much guts.  

Was he serious?  ??? How can you have too much guts?  O0
[/quote]

Ya he was.  Every other person that saw Moto Moto commented on his depth, as he is loaded with body.

cpubarn

Congratulations!

I am thinking you should post a picture of this bull with too much guts so we see  what that looks like...

Mark

HAB

cpubarn said:
Congratulations!

I am thinking you should post a picture of this bull with too much guts so we see  what that looks like...

Mark

I will.  Jeff and his crew from Cattle.com didn't get a chance to video him while on display in the AGBA booth.  Got a list started for MOTO MOTO semen.  Everyone commented on the amount of body, thickness, bone, and the obvious hair.  All of it in a maternal, TH, PHA package.

HAB

He is a picture of the heifer that was Calf Champion, Res. Junior Champion, and one of our Champion Pair of Females.

The bull pictured is Moto Moto at home before we left.

Attachments

• HB Ziffany 1472- Heifer Calf Champ, Res. Junior Champ Female.jpg
    HB Ziffany 1472- Heifer Calf Champ, Res. Junior Champ Female.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 134
  • HB Moto Moto-front-small.jpg
    HB Moto Moto-front-small.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 143
  • HB Moto Moto side-2-small.jpg
    HB Moto Moto side-2-small.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 142

Till-Hill

Harley,

I hope my calf out of my Charolais heifers has that much guts and keeps Perciles hair and her butt! Counting down the days till April 2nd to see that calf.

Moto Moto going to be sent to Genex and in added attractions? I trully think them are the kind of bulls the clubby world has been looking for!

Awesome set of heifers.

HAB

Till-Hill said:
Harley,

I hope my calf out of my Charolais heifers has that much guts and keeps Perciles hair and her butt! Counting down the days till April 2nd to see that calf.

Moto Moto going to be sent to Genex and in added attractions? I trully think them are the kind of bulls the clubby world has been looking for!

Awesome set of heifers.

Till-Hill- Thanks, Pericles has been working well on clubby bred cows.  A lot of people asked me what Moto Moto was crossed with.  They couldn't believe a fullblood Galloway could be built like he is.

Pericles is at Hawkeye Breeders in EU quarantine for the next 100 days or so.  He will be 9 yrs old, in April, so we decided to get it done while we still can.

Yes, we are planning on putting Moto Moto in Genex Added Attractions.  He is a March calf, so will be getting collected soon.

This is the heifer calf we purchased in Nov.  She stood 3rd in the class.  We had the top 5 heifer calves in the Jan-March class of 15 head.

Attachments

• GF 20 heifer with dam.jpg
    GF 20 heifer with dam.jpg
    487.8 KB · Views: 140