Hanibal Questions

Help Support Steer Planet:

dwcc

My first question is what has been everyone's experience on bw. 2nd does he add bone?And 3rd is he structurally correct. Thanks for your input

cowpoke

Hannibal added a little extra frame and length and some weren't  quite deep enough.Depending on your cows their might be some better choices.It takes a good cow no matter what bull you use.I have a neighbor that A-Is many common cows to popular bulls and wonderers why his calves aren't better.

LLBUX

I have one Hannibal cow.  She is a big one.  She throws a calf each year that really grows.  We keep her around to raise grow steers for our county fair.  Our rate of gain contest pays well.   

Calf 1 was out of Jakes Proud Jazz, weighed about 80 pounds.  He was moderate framed and real thick.  1st place rate of gain.  Killed at 16 months weighing 1500+

Calf 2 came backwards and was pulled weighing about 90 pounds.  His sire was my big Beltie bull.  Steer grew great but was too tall.    3rd place rate of gain.  Killed at 11 1/2 months weighing just under 1200.

Calf 3 also weighed about 90 pounds from my Beltie bull.  Very quick delivery.    This calf is also too tall for the ring, but will really grow.

I planned to breed her clubby this trip but missed her heat.  The bull didn't.

The cow is sensitive to fescue and heat.    She milks too well. getting somewhat thin during lactation.

hntwhitetail

I have a hannibal cow that really puts the bone and hair on them.  I've had good succes breeding her to carpe diem.  I bred her to man among boys this year.

Latest posts