Hay Saver Feeders

Help Support Steer Planet:

Okie Boy

bought a gobob one year ago, not unhappy with it but wish i had gotten the heavier one. I have bent this one moving it, I am sure they would have told me to pick it up in a different manner. It is also a little tall for me to use my dew eeze bale bed with the rollers. IT WORKS ok TO PUT BALES IN WITH JUST THE ARMS w/o the rollers sorry about the caps.

DSI

Bextra bale feeders are the best i have ever used and are very reasonably priced.

VJ

The Bextras are OK as long as you don't bale your bales as big as you can or have any squatting at all. You have to keep your bales about 68 inched otherwise you have a hard time lining the bale up perfectly in order to get it in the feeder. I pick up mine with my loader and it has survived pretty good so far but I'm pretty careful when I pick it up. It is pretty heavy but not indestructible.

bs372280

Sorry Go Bob's wont work in the Iowa cornfields in the spring with mud. 
At least I can't see them working without anything holding the hay in the bottom.

Without a doubt the haymizer is the best feeder I have ever used.  The cows do not waste a drop of hay.  Another great tool is plastic rap.  I feel this is important because if you dont rap the bales the outside 6 inchs of every bale will be crap.  Granted it cost a little more but cattle and hay prices costs just as much. 

J

JTM

I have several 'Klene Pipe' hay saver feeders and they perform very well. I also just discovered Gingway products in Plain City Ohio.