heat wave ?

Help Support Steer Planet:

jrod123

i was wondering if heat wave semen is really worth 250 bucks i no he has the most championships for a bull but what is his semen quality i dont want to buy it then she don't settle 

Warrior10

You are not going to find for under $250, so if you want Heatwave then you gotta pay the $250 and take the chance.

Bradenh

jrod123 said:
do's anyone no what the females look like
like heavy calving, fat, milkless, cripple. stove up clubbies. its not worth 250. because half of those steers you see that win champion are out of a herd bull or any old a.i bull and just marketed as heatwave so they can get a picture on a blog. jmho

GONEWEST

This is what his females can look like. You know just  " heavy calving, fat, milkless, cripple. stove up clubbies."

Attachments

• DAKOTA HEAT 602 small.JPG
    DAKOTA HEAT 602 small.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 145
  • aug2009 038.jpg
    aug2009 038.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 142

knabe

GONEWEST said:
This is what his females can look like. You know just  " heavy calving, fat, milkless, cripple. stove up clubbies."

looks tight in the rear pasterns, out in front, and i don't see a calf.  just saying.  maybe the lower one is her calf?  how about a pic of her bag when full.

Freerider

Eat the females, they will disappoint as mothers, they don't milk at all.

The only reason I see for keeping a HW female is if she's good enough to flush, then let Simmental females raise the ET's.

knabe

GONEWEST said:
Knabe,  why would you want to see a calf in an 15 month old heifer?

don't.  just want to see a decent bag on a heat wave cow.  the few i've seen have bigger teats than udders.

MCC

Here I go again. Someday I'm going to learn to keep my posts to myself. Saying all Heatwave females won't milk is like saying the cow and what you are feeding her has nothing to do with birth weights. ANY sire of ANY breed is going to throw some females that don't milk. Some of our best milking cows are sired by Heatwave. Maybe it comes from the dams side maybe not but it takes two to tango. I for one am not afraid of using Heatwave daughters to make cows out of.

knabe

let's see some udders.

what percentage of heatwave daughters will milk?

if it's 10%, you need 10 to get 1.

i've seen about 12 or 13 heatwave cows and not one had very much milk.

small sample size, yes.

Till-Hill

Father in law has a pretty good Heatwave x Strickly business cow. I bought her hereford sired daughter and she grew good so I'd say she milks ok. Pretty nice bag. But yes most don't.

wyatt

i know someone who has a heatwave cow and its got a huge udder its out of a angus maine i think soo idk but i know heatwave usualy doesnt throw good females i think she was the luck of the draw

mooch

Till-Hill said:
Father in law has a pretty good Heatwave x Strickly business cow. I bought her hereford sired daughter and she grew good so I'd say she milks ok. Pretty nice bag. But yes most don't.
If he has a HW x SB cow that milks , two negatives must = a positive.