Heat Wave's Dam

Help Support Steer Planet:

oakview

I saw Heat Seeker at about a week of age.  He was not a large calf by any means, certainly no where near 140 pounds.  I would have guessed him in the 80 pound range.  ASA shows his birth EPD at 1.0 while Heat Wave's is 3.5.  I had 2 Heat Seeker calves quite a few years ago out of Shorthorn cows and they were small at birth.  I would guess both in the upper 70's.  They were nice heifers, but a little high spirited for me.  That's a polite way of saying they were nuts.  I have not used Heat Wave, only his sire, so I have no first hand experience with Wave.  I would add, though, that most of the discussion on his mother is immaterial.  Those who want to use him will, regardless of what anyone says, and those who choose not to use him won't.  As usual, both groups will either laugh at the other or shake their heads in disbelief. 

Limiman12

knabe said:

She junk, tell them they need to put her on my trailer and I will haul her to slaughter for them.    (lol)

I thought I had posted this earlier, but I would not blame them if they flushed her to heat seeker every time......  Certainly using the same line of genetics has a chance to make something similar more then using different ones do..... 

knabe

aj said:
You must have been drunk on that one oakview......or you are one lying bastard.

provide proof for the claim aj.

what were all the scars on sodhouse at denver?

DLD

AJ, you might wanna read oakview's post again - they're talking about Heat Seeker, not Heat Wave.  I recall that a lot of people were calling Heat Seeker heifer safe when his semen very first came on the market - his bw's ended up being all over the place, from small to humongous. 

knabe

heat wave was so big i had to pull him with the jack and chains through the c-section.

i think he weighed 375 pounds.

oakview

Some posts are so absurd they deserve no response.  However, AJ is right.  I never really lived a mile from Vince Graham's house.  He never really called me to invite me to come look at the new calf he was so excited about.  I didn't really see a black, baby calf of very average size with a leg on each corner.  This calf I didn't see wasn't a stout made, square hipped, critter with hair like a Galloway.  Vince didn't tell me he already had him sold for a handsome price.  In actuality, I was just driving around in a dazed stupor, pulled into a driveway, didn't know where I was, and saw a red and white calf with no hair and one big horn growing out of his forehead.  It might have even been a heifer for all I know.  By the way, I'm using a Trump son so every birth weight I report to the ASA is 60% of actual.  The August bull calf I'm showing at the state fair was really born in February, not sure of the year.  Not one animal in my herd has a correct pedigree.  We've shown at the state fair every year since 1967.  I'm quitting, though.  Everybody else cheats and I can't compete.  While I'm there, I may have a beer.  Haven't had one in over 20 years.  Maybe it's about time.

TYD

knabe said:
aj said:
You must have been drunk on that one oakview......or you are one lying bastard.

provide proof for the claim aj.

what were all the scars on sodhouse at denver?
Bear attack but then was nursed back to health by a Sasquatch

Okotoks

oakview said:
Some posts are so absurd they deserve no response.  However, AJ is right.  I never really lived a mile from Vince Graham's house.  He never really called me to invite me to come look at the new calf he was so excited about.  I didn't really see a black, baby calf of very average size with a leg on each corner.  This calf I didn't see wasn't a stout made, square hipped, critter with hair like a Galloway.  Vince didn't tell me he already had him sold for a handsome price.  In actuality, I was just driving around in a dazed stupor, pulled into a driveway, didn't know where I was, and saw a red and white calf with no hair and one big horn growing out of his forehead.  It might have even been a heifer for all I know.  By the way, I'm using a Trump son so every birth weight I report to the ASA is 60% of actual.  The August bull calf I'm showing at the state fair was really born in February, not sure of the year.  Not one animal in my herd has a correct pedigree.  We've shown at the state fair every year since 1967.  I'm quitting, though.  Everybody else cheats and I can't compete.  While I'm there, I may have a beer.  Haven't had one in over 20 years.  Maybe it's about time.
(lol)
You might as well have a beer, facts are meant to be distorted or ignored by some  <beer>