Heatwave now a reg. 1/4 maine

Help Support Steer Planet:

justme

I just got a message from the Maine Association...Heatwave is now a registered 1/4 per parental verification.  I got all sorts of thoughts but I'll not share...good and bad

knabe

ruin the breed average epd for milk and calving ease.

money play for breed ups.

not a good idea.

must not be enough 15/16 out there that can compete with the 1/2 to 7/8?

kfacres

w/e it takes to up your registrations coming in... Just suprised they didn't do it sooner!  I mean seriously, is the HW thing going to finally die off someday...  Semen isn't going to be around forever, and the daughters are mostly worthless...  But I guess registereing calves is registered calves.. e verybody will do it

Cattledog

kfacres said:
Semen isn't going to be around forever

If they keep making clones it will be in some form.  I am dying to see a new dominating club calf sire.....hopefully with none of his genetics infused.

mlcattle

ill have to agree... we have no use for heatwave females. we bought one a couple years ago and she was crazier than heck, luckily mr larry campbell took her back and traded us another heifer.

Vacanballs

Heat Wave is out of a Taz cow.. They must have done something with her registry..

Steered

It is funny that the two links to his registrations have two different birth dates ???  As a chi-angus he was born on 4/40/2000  and as a maine he was born 6/12/2000. hmmm...

knabe

Steered said:
It is funny that the two links to his registrations have two different birth dates ???  As a chi-angus he was born on 4/40/2000  and as a maine he was born 6/12/2000. hmmm...

4/30/2000.  at first, i thought, hm, chi, any age, any day of the month, any breed, any color, etc.

knabe

Steered said:
zach said:
4/40/2000?

<beer>

Sorry-my fingers haven't warmed up since I came in from the cold!!  Should have been 4/30/2000, my bad :-\

it was more a comment that chi's will accept anything rather than your typing.  i had to double check just for fun.