Heifer Bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

olsun

ABS has a red angus bull that is said to be a sure fire calving ease bull. Above and Beyond. I am tired of the inconsistant clubby calving ease bulls.

flacowman

DOC SILVER, an ABS CHarolais bull is as sure fire calving ease as any bull that has walked.  I have had more than 300 calves out of him and my average bw on purebred and clubby heifers is 62 pounds, never pulled one or even thought I was going to have to.  They are born the size of dogs and grow like giant bermudagrass and are correct and stout, not to mention that smokey color off of a black clubby heifer

LN

TNT Dual Focus carried by ABS. He's SimAngus and used him last year on heifers without a problem and used him on all my heifers this year.

Warrior10

flacowman, seriously thinking about using Doc Silver on a couple heifers, do you have any pictures of calves by chance?

flacowman

I don't have any on this computer but I'll shuffle them around and try to get some up.  Keep in mind that most of mine are out of purebred cattle that are not bred for show on my part so out of clubby cattle they will be thicker and flashier

Schaadfarms

New blood owend by huck show cattle. He has small calves and he will really cut down on the throw aways

flacowman

can someone give me a tip on how to shrink the pics?  file size is too large

kfacres

Warrior10 said:
Im not sure how, I couldn't figure it out. Don't go out of your way for pics its fine.

easiest way I know of is open it in paint, and resize it down to something like 25%... 

You can do a search on here, it comes up about every couple of months...  There is a ton of ways to do it though.

Warrior10

Cowgirl94, back to your heifer bull question, you should look into Copyright from Apex cattle. He has a -4.2 BW EPD. Top 2% for low birth weight. He is an angus bull that is producing great females! His bull calves won't disappoint you either. Here is a pic of him.

Attachments

• apex cattle copyright.jpg
    apex cattle copyright.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 504

flacowman

warrior, I personally have heard nothing but bad about copyright, and isn't he crossbred and not even pure angus?  I haven't seen any calves so I don't actually know anything about him but again, all I have is hearsay

Warrior10

He has like 1/64 american in him, which I believe means his calves would be purebred angus passed down from him then. We went and visited Apex Cattle and the heifers we saw from him were pretty dang good. Also they were shooting yearling bull pictures out of him and they did not look to shabby themselves. But what do I know haha I might be completely wrong!  :)

justintime

In Shorthorn, Hillside Leader, that we own with the Bales family in Tennessee is calving exceptionally easy. Calves are unassisted from heifers and very vigourous at birth. Also HC FL Touchdown 123T ET is calving very easily. Both are good choices for heifers.

Attachments

• Hillside Leader - 14 months sm.jpg
    Hillside Leader - 14 months sm.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 245
  • Touchdown sm.jpg
    Touchdown sm.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 252

tb

I have always like witch doctor I know what I am going to get with him

flacowman

sorry warrior, I guess I've listened to one too many bull bashers  (lol)

Warrior10

I will have 2 of my own copyright calves first week in april so I will let you know for sure then!  ;D If you check out their website they have some pictures of some bulls out of him under online bull and heifer online sale.

Latest posts