Heifer crab walls

Help Support Steer Planet:

Annieboon

Hi all, having trouble with my heifer crab waking, when I set her up and do one comes or walks near her she crab walks away from them, how can I combat this!? She is quiet as a mouse and has been to 2 shows already and I have a really big show coming up in the next few weeks.

Any help would be appreciated!!
Thanks

Gargan

Tie her up and make some commotions around her. Walk around her waving a towel, play a radio whole your doing it. How old is she? Could she have been in heat the last time she did it? Do you have any other cattle to lead around her at home while she's tied up?

Annieboon

Hi
Yes she is in with my 2 show steers, she should be in calf to AI by now, but she consistently does it when I work with her.nut I didn't think of that....
She is March drop last year,because I am the only one working them she is motmot the only one, she is pretty good most of Thetime, but if someone comes down or intake her some were else she is verf intense!!

Thanks heaps

lightnin4

Make sure she stops moving before you turn her around to reset her.  Sometimes I think they just do it to keep from having to stand still. (she moves...you walk her and set her up again...she moves...you walk her...etc.)  For me, alot of times if you make them stop and stand still just for a moment before you walk her back into place, eventually they get it and its not "fun" anymore.