Heifer is past her due date

Help Support Steer Planet:

kecher farms

I have a first time heifer that is 6 days overdue. She was AI'd to Gucci on 6-22. This is our first heifer. We don't have a bull around so we are sure of the date. She looked like she was in labor this past Monday but then it stopped. She has all the signs. She's bagged, she's had a little discharge, she's swollen,  but we keep waiting. I called a vet and he didn't seem concerned since she was a first time heifer. Should I have him come and check her? I'm getting worried.

WT

According to the three online calculators I just used, she's not due until this coming Sunday.

shortybreeder

My calculator says this coming Saturday/Sunday as well. The only rule for calving heifers is that there are no rules.

Steve123

When I was learning to AI our AI Guy taught me to back up 3 months from the AI date and add 7 days .  That would put her at 3/29.

Gargan

Steve123 said:
When I was learning to AI our AI Guy taught me to back up 3 months from the AI date and add 7 days .  That would put her at 3/29.
That's my quick math formula too  (thumbsup)

kecher farms

She had her calf on 3/29. Drivin 80/Gucci Heifer. 75 lb calf. Vet had to pull the calf. Thanks Again.