Heifer Ration

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortyplus89

I am currently adding beet pulp into my heifers feed. What is better, beet pulp or cotton seed? Both? And how much. She is fed 14 pounds each feeding.

Bryan 72

I went and asked this question last week... I had no idea either. I guess it sounds like either one would work. One person says one thing, then the next something else. GOOD LUCK

Mainevent

That will be your best option find out what your calf likes the best and feed it. It all depends on your calf, the best thing you can do is get the calf conditioned and you will see a big difference.

obie105

Our cottonseed hulls are mixed right in the ration then we add beet pulp in addition.

obie105

Its all fill. We also feed winning fill.  It works for us for quite a few years now. Some guys will say its not balanced but we were told long ago to do it this way by people that knew way more and had the banners to back it. Actually by walking through the barn and being observant idk many guys that dont feed things in addition too.

AAOK

Oh my!  Again?  Doesn't anyone pay attention?  All of you, go back,  read CAB's post, and answer it.