heifer to pick apart

Help Support Steer Planet:

Skibinski Farms

sire: commercial sim x angus (legacy g151 son, Alliance son)
dam: naughty pine x ice pick
DOB: March 26, 2013
All opinions welcome.

NOTE: just a cell phone picture taken after a rough clip about a week ago or so.

Attachments

• fro.JPG
    fro.JPG
    650.5 KB · Views: 204

mark tenenbaum

I cant tell alot-she looks very stout with real nice depth-rib-appears not to be too straight on her hind wheels,has some shoulder-which is understandable because Ill bet shes got a ghetto butt-would like to see behind her-and see her heart girth standing with her head in a normal posistion-cant tell how big she will get-but looks to wiegh well right now-hope some of that makes sense O0

Skibinski Farms

I will try and get a couple different pictures. I know the one posted isnt the best. She seems to be uncomfortable with her head tied so high.  I was just going through pictures on my phone and thought  I would see what people had to say. I thought about taking her to the Norfolk, Ne show this weekend to see how she does, but not sure yet haha

thanks for the comment.

Skibinski Farms

here is another heifer that is greener and needs some time but thoughts and opinions are welcome.

sire: Hard Drive
Dam: SULL BLUE MARY ANN ET *xAR49169 ( VEGAS X SULL STOCKMAN 365)

Attachments

• bella.JPG
    bella.JPG
    545.8 KB · Views: 173

OH Breeder

Skibinski Farms said:
here is another heifer that is greener and needs some time but thoughts and opinions are welcome.

This females seems to share alot of the same lines as her heritage. Vegas x Stockman. Looks like to me she just needs some time in front of feed bucket for show ring. She has length of body and clean made in her lines. I wish she had a tick more depth but that will come with time.

Top heifer is tied off so high its hard to get a good reflection of her natural stance. She is stretched out so far i think it distorts her profile a bit. She has some flesh to her and looks softer made and easier feeding than the other.

Skibinski Farms

OH Breeder said:
Skibinski Farms said:

This females seems to share alot of the same lines as her heritage. Vegas x Stockman. Looks like to me she just needs some time in front of feed bucket for show ring. She has length of body and clean made in her lines. I wish she had a tick more depth but that will come with time.

Top heifer is tied off so high its hard to get a good reflection of her natural stance. She is stretched out so far i think it distorts her profile a bit. She has some flesh to her and looks softer made and easier feeding than the other.

OH Breeder, Just curious what do you think I should breed the Hard drive x vegas  heifer to? I pulled hair and she is THF. The top heifer is THC and more than likely will end up in the freezer. I was thinking going shorthorn or sticking with Maine. thanks for the comments

OH Breeder

I may get a booo. But I love Jazz and Jazz sons on heifers. I have a Jazz son we have used for three years and love there results. I can sleep at night knowing he doesn't give us problems. We always used Gizmo prior to that. Captain Obvious and Lakeside Nitro, MAV BELLRINGER 804U has throw some really nice calves. Sull Payday was used this year and I am anxious to see the results.
On some of my females I use SS Traveler T510 8607 he is more moderate and puts the grow in them. Or Northern Improvement has been consistent producer for fancy calves.
There are tons of other options if you wanted to go Red Angus, newer angus bulls, Maine calving ease bulls or even simmi. Galloway would put a wild twist on her. The depth the Galloway bulls seem to pass on is pretty amazing and tempting.
YOu have Maine and Shorthorn plus. You could go either way on upgrading your calves by using those bulls. I am not so good with Maine's but have seen some nice Benz calves. I am not sure she is right for ALi. Lots of folks using I80 but I thought he was tick straight all over.