heifers ankles popping when she walks.

Help Support Steer Planet:

wolfe0322

My daughters heifers ankles have started popping when she walks. Is there anything we can do to help this. Just wondering if there are any  effective supplements out there that will work.  Thanks in advance for any information.

RSC

Paul0322 said:
My daughters heifers ankles have started popping when she walks. Is there anything we can do to help this. Just wondering if there are any  effective supplements out there that will work.  Thanks in advance for any information.
Natural Stride is a good product!  Do you trim hooves on a regular basis?  Make sure you have a trimmer you trust as it can go the oppisite direction as well!  Exercise daily!

Tony

Jill

If she didn't pop when she was younger, I'm guessing she just isn't getting enough exercise.

cowman 52

Seems like this post occurs about 3 times a month from somewhere-- Ankles popping is a lack of selenium or selinium tied up in the total mineral program--- injectable muse or bose  will straighten you out in time-- sometimes a month sometime 5 months-- check your mineral program and watch it carefully ::)

box6rranch

cowman 52 said:
Seems like this post occurs about 3 times a month from somewhere-- Ankles popping is a lack of selenium or selenium tied up in the total mineral program--- injectable muse or bose  will straighten you out in time-- sometimes a month sometime 5 months-- check your mineral program and watch it carefully ::)

We have shorthorns that are notorious for popping. After reading one of the past posts we got a product called Star Shine. I have to check to see who makes it. Anyway, it's in pellet form and has a bunch of minerals in it plus selenium. We've been feeding it to the calves and show cows for about 3 months now. So far so good. Figure it's got to be good for them with all the supplements in them too.