help needed

Help Support Steer Planet:

hunter1

We just got our new steer and he weighs about 700 now and we are feeding honor grower or "fitters edge" and he don't like the stuff at all . He's only eating about 8lbs a day, we have probiosed him twice and still isn't interested. Anybody got any suggestions about what to do to get him to eat more or other feeds out there that work just as well?

GoWyo

Use what you were feeding him before and gradually mix in the new stuff starting with just a little and working it up until it replaces the old flavor.

JWW

two things i would do.....

number one deparasite! ivermectin or cydectin a good dose. i have a number of steers and more often heifers getting into the barn and starting to eat well and grow and then stop. a dose of cydectin or ivermectin might be what ya need.

last summer i gave my string a load of probiotic and we get to NE state fair and the ears are down and snot out the nose..... worried i bought Sulllivans appetitie express (topdress powder) and a tube of electrolytre and gave both..... took it like a champ and ate like crazy and filled out and looked good, might be what you need

just speaking from experience i guess..... good luck

JWW