Help to ID semen cane codes

Help Support Steer Planet:

kickna

I'm trying to identify some shorthorn semen straws. SB199-1 and SB28-1 are the only numbers on the canes. I work at a Veterinary clinic and the clinic owner passed away(he owned the clinic about 40 years) and stored the straws for AI. The clinic was bought out and the new owner wanted nothing to do with AI so I have the straws in my nitrogen tank. Unfortunately, we could find no paperwork on the tanks anywhere. I have other breeds as well I'm working to identify. I've contacted Shorthorn Heritage and some semen storage companies but so far no luck. I know my chances of identifying are slim to none but thought I would see if someone here could send me in the right direction or provide some help. TIA.

kickna

Apparently it looks like they were labeled wrong and it is actually a cane code for Brown Swiss not Shorthorn.

Simbeef10

Apparently it looks like they were labeled wrong and it is actually a cane code for Brown Swiss not Shorthorn.
With no more info than that, you may have to pull a straw to see bull name and registration number