Help with choosing a blower? Wich is the best?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Our daughter is just starting out showing and has lots of years left.We are currently shopping for a blower, which one is better, the Sullivan's with the heat booster or the Circuiteer II without the heat booster? Please explain why you think one is better then the other and if you could give some pros and cons and any problems you have experienced with either one. Thank you for your time.

justme

I've used an old circ.II for years.  Husband broke down and bought me 2 new sullivan blowers last year.  I could not believe the amount of air that came out of the Sulivan blower. 

If I had to do it again, I'd consider getting a BOSS blower instead of my 2 sullivan blowers.  BUT...I cann't look a gift horse in the mouth!

tlcattle

i use a sullivans blower. i've had it for 7 years now and the motor finally blew up the other day and had to be replaced. due to not changing the air filter enough ::)

RSC

East Creek Angus said:
ok thank you I will look at the BOSS as I have never heard of that one befor.
I've heard from someone that uses both that if he had to do it over, he wouldn't spend the additionnal $$$ for the Boss!

Tony

BRdoc

I have used the Sullivan, Boss, and Circuiteer. IMHO, the Sullivan blowers are the best buy. They blow alot more air than the Circuiteer. The BOSS claims to produce the same air output as 2 Sullivans with a Y hose and more heat. It might have just been the one I borrowed in Denver, but the BOSS definitely did not put out more heat and didn't seem to put out as much air as 2 Sullivans. Plus, the BOSS will trip most all breakers at any show you go to. I think it's just hard to beat 2 Sullivans with the Y hose.

bcosu

yeah, if the electric supply is kinda sketchy it is better to use an air express but it sounds like the boss would be good to leave at home to work with.

yousesteers

Sullivan air express all the way have used all the others Boss is expensive and not that impressive for the $$$ circuteer II os just old technology but a good blower We have two circuteers and and a few air expresses they all will get the job done

Ruebush Show Calves

Sullivan Air Express is what we used we have had it for the 3 years and it has done very well for us.  The only thing that is worng with it is the heat bost does not always work other than that I give it a A+.Thanks Erik 

cowman

East Creek Angus said:
Our daughter is just starting out showing and has lots of years left.We are currently shopping for a blower, which one is better, the Sullivan's with the heat booster or the Circuiteer II without the heat booster? Please explain why you think one is better then the other and if you could give some pros and cons and any problems you have experienced with either one. Thank you for your time.
;D The one that comes with a person to do the work

cowman said:
East Creek Angus said:
;D The one that comes with a person to do the work

MMM I have been looking for one of those.Could you give me a brand name of one that is cheap and will work in all conditions? (cow)

colosteers

Just will give ya my a quick 2 cents--

They are all the same inside,  Circ, sullivans, Blue Ribbon, and probably some more---  all get the same motors and turbins from the same manufacture and install in thier own housing.    Long story short --  price, switches, filters, cords, housings and freight,  are basically going to be the difference between new blowers.

I have a couple of older circ II that will run side by side with my brothers new sullivans and cant tell the difference.

And yes -  if ya need to replace a motor and turbine,  ya can get them from valley vet, sull, or circ, and will get the same identical part.  Can also put circ II motors and turbines in the old circ and have the same as a circ II,  Circ will tell ya that they used a heavier cord in the circ II.

I have seen several cases where people thought their blower was going bad and found the cord a or plug in was bad and really brought the blower back to life with getting power back to it.

Hope this helps
Have a good one

KMJCC

I like the sullivan's blowers.  With the BOSS blower you are paying a lot of money for that fancy paint job.  They claim that they produce more are flow than the sullivan blower but there is only so much air that a 1 1/2" hose can let thru.

Duffer

As stated before all the motors come from the same place.  I feel the air express from sullivans is the best and most durable

BCCC

I have a couple Circuiteer II's and a couple Air Express III's, The Circuiteer II is slightly less powerful, and it may not have a heat booster switchm but I guarentee ya blow out a few calves that think will be burning your hand up. I however really like my air express'.

DLD

Blue Ribbon Show Supply builds a very good blower, too.  The Blue II is basically the same as the Circuiteer or the Air Express (w/o the extra heating element).  It's very competitively priced, and works and lasts just as well as the others.  The Cowboy Power has a single motor that's more powerful than each of the motors used in the Blue II - it's meant for use on sheep and goats as a lighter, cheaper alternative.  They can custom build a blower with two of the Cowboy Power motors - I'd say it's comparable in output to a Boss, but it draws 30 amps, so you pretty much have to install a breaker for it and use it only there.  They can also build a blower with one of each motor - you get much more power than two regular motors, but it will run on a 25 amp breaker, which are much more common than 30's.  Alot of barns will have 25's, and some generators will too. 

http://www.blueribbonshowsupply.com/fans.htm
Here are the Blue II and Cowboy Power blowers.