Help with SensaPhone 400

Help Support Steer Planet:

okiegirl

We recently installed an alarm unit from Cool Calf.  If comes with the SensaPhone 400.  We don't have a landline at the new Showbarn so I am having to use a trackphone and an XLink router.  Here's the problem:  The Sensaphone will call OUT when there is an alarm, but I can't call IN to check on things.  When I call the unit, the Sensaphone senses that there is a call and will respond locally (at the unit) but will not give a report over the phone.  the cell phone rings and rings.  I have spent hours with the customer service, gotten a new unit, same results.  It has to be in a setting, but for the life of me I can't figure this out.  Any suggestions?

jchumley

I had the same problem with my x link. I used the website "myxlink.com" and set my phone as they recommended and it is working like it is supposed to.

okiegirl

Thanks, I'll take another look at the xlink.  It shows to be connected and I can make the Sensaphone dial out and test numbers, and it has called me with an alarm a few times.  I'll try again.

jchumley

I had to set my sensaphone to answer on the 2nd or 3rd ring to be able to hear the message.

okiegirl

Just got back from the barn and updated the xlink.  Didn't help any.  I will go set to answer on 3rd ring and see if that helps.  The Sensaphone picks up at it's box when I call, but the phone I'm calling from just rings and rings and finally gets a voicemail message.  At least it does dial out an alarm.  Thanks, keep the tips coming, at this point I'll try anything.

jchumley

Mine was doing the same thing before I set to answer on the second ring. I had it set to the 8th ring before because we were using our home landline. Please let me know if this helps.