HERE ARE SOME THRILLER CALVES

Help Support Steer Planet:

SUL1

THE BLACK AND CHROME HEIFER IS OUT OF A CHILL FACTOR COW  AND THE BULL IS OUT OF A ANGUS COW    LOOKS LIKE THRILLER WORKS BETTER ON THE MORE CLUBIE COWS    LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK        THANKS   

Attachments

• 102_1645.JPG
    102_1645.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 314
  • 102_1646.JPG
    102_1646.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 276

twistedhshowstock

I dont know that I would say he works better on a clubby cow than the purebred..the other post here Doonan Cattle Company has a pretty nice Thriller heifer out of a pure char cow...I think its just the fact that when you have a Clubby cow and run a clubby bull over her you would expect the calf to be a lot clubbier than a purebred cow with a clubby bull run over them.
The heifer looks really nice, really stout, and really clubby...the bull looks to be very young in that pic, but I dont see anything wrong with him, and he is half angus, he is pretty much what I would expect out of a half angus...give him some time, you may grow to love him.

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
The Angus cows with clubbies will work but there is a lot of difference in Angus cows an breeding an quality that affects what kind of calf you get ... Also though
the clubby cows some have lots of structure problems ,disposition an fertility problems with proably alot bigger calf to deal with at birth ....Look at the HW cows ,great donor cows but my experience not much for mothers ,pelvic problems an when bred to clubby have big calves ....