Hereford Bull- maungahina hunza 040035

Help Support Steer Planet:

simba

Does anyone have a picture of this bull or know where I can find one? I won two straws of his semen but I can't find any pictures of him or his progeny. He is from New Zeland and the only animal sired by him that I've seen is a gorgeous cow that has done very well here in Western Canada. Any info would be appreciated!

huntaway

Photo From search on NZ Hereford site

Attachments

• hunza.jpg
    hunza.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 195

RyanChandler

you're bull is substantially better than the one pictured.

More shocking is that someone paid 15 grand for the pictured bull.

simba

Thanks for the comments Knabe & XBAR

Huntaway- Thank you for the picture, but I don't think that's him (a son maybe?). I saw a picture of him last year but I'm unable to find it again. I remember being extremely impressed by his overall mass and power.

Judging by his daughter that I've seen he could be a really great female producer, but I'm debating wether it's a good idea to use him when I can't even find a single picture of him. I think I'll try contacting the breeder for a picture.

huntaway

Could be other photos but thats him, only one maungahina hunza in herdbook. Attached his sire Koanui Style 1136

Attachments

• 15_3bkh_koanui_style_550.jpg
    15_3bkh_koanui_style_550.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 198

simba

Thank you very much huntaway and tbargcattle! I must have seen a picture of a different bull and thought it was him for some reason. Do either of you happen to have pictures of any of his progeny? I'm not very impressed with the picture of him but if he produces great calves that's what matters.

simba

Thank you very much, knabe! Based on his picture and the few pictures of his progeny I have decided not to breed to him.

On a side note, it's pretty cool that the New Zealand website links to pictures! 

Duncraggan

IMO, neither he, nor any of his pictured progeny, has any hindquarter to speak of.

That said, he seems to have good bone on the picture.  His birthweight and CE EBV's seem to indicate he is a bull for big, mature cows.  The rib and rump fat EBV's seem to indicate easy fleshing although by the phenotype in his picture he may be too big framed to be early maturing.

Two straws of semen are not a storage headache and you may have a cow that is fine boned and dumpy that needs some bone and size, as long as she has a huge pelvic opening that is!