Hereford bull (new pic)

Help Support Steer Planet:

cebwtx

We finally got a nice day to go out and mess with the animals today.You can tell from the picture that it was still quite wet but none the less a pretty day. This is the same bull calf as in my avatar just older. He is just over 7 months old now. I know it is just one picture taken from my phone but tell me what you think, the good, the bad and the ugly.

Attachments

• x.JPG
    x.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 190

cebwtx

I know, he has crazy hair, especially for Texas. When I showed in highschool I would have killed for his hair on my steers. If his hair would have been worked with like show animals you could have added a couple of inches of thickness to his legs alone not to mention his backside.

Telos

Very nice calf. When those Herefords have good hair it's great. I think some people forget the hair a Hereford can have.

cebwtx

His birth weight was 87lbs. His ww 600lbs.
His sire RCR Mark Aurum 00022 (dlf,ief)(42097760)
His dam OSU 49j Reba 5324 (p42604484)

He has occasionally been given cubes or feed but most of his growing has been from mom and grass/hay. He could not have a better temperament either. My 8 year old can sit on him like a pony and my 11 year old daughter halter broke him and works with him. Unfortunately lately it has been weeks between working with him but you would never know it. Yes he will be registered we have just been dragging our feet on it. I think we are going with X MARKS THE SPOT. It's my daughters play on Mark Aurum and Pure Gold in his pedigree.

garybob

cebwtx said:
His birth weight was 87lbs. His ww 600lbs.
His sire RCR Mark Aurum 00022 (dlf,ief)(42097760)
His dam OSU 49j Reba 5324 (p42604484)

He has occasionally been given cubes or feed but most of his growing has been from mom and grass/hay. He could not have a better temperament either. My 8 year old can sit on him like a pony and my 11 year old daughter halter broke him and works with him. Unfortunately lately it has been weeks between working with him but you would never know it. Yes he will be registered we have just been dragging our feet on it. I think we are going with X MARKS THE SPOT. It's my daughters play on Mark Aurum and Pure Gold in his pedigree.
Horned sire, Polled dam? He looks good. I appreciate the eye pigment.

GB

cebwtx

Yes, GB his dam is polled. The bull calf is scurred. His full sister that we have is polled. The picture below is of his sister when she was younger. Their dam and the heifer are due shortly bred to an Easy Deal son. We have liked the cows first two calves she has given us and are hoping the new sire will give us similar results.

Attachments

• DSC01410.JPG
    DSC01410.JPG
    383.8 KB · Views: 181