Hereford PPL

Help Support Steer Planet:

CAB

Have a neighbor wanting to use Hereford on a very good set of commercial cows. Trying to make F-1 baldies. I don't follow Hereford cattle very closely so I am wanting suggestions for some proven/high acc. Hereford bulls that excel across the board & not just in one area please. Horned or polled.

RyanChandler

H5 408 Domino

HH Advance 4055P

H5 501 Domino 001

They don't get much better than this. 

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 261
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 250
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 253

obie105

Upstreams 5216 bull is good in many areas. The are a couple different cooper bulls that are nice too. Abs and genex have a good selection of more of the commercial type herefords that are going to make nice nice baldies but maybe not the showring appeal.

MRW

I've always been a fan of the TH Victor 719T bull that Genex promotes. 

Also, it's a little older genetics, but NJW Wrangler 19D is one of my favorite bulls ever for producing productive females.  Younger bulls like Cracker Jack and 719T have some 19D blood in their pedigrees.

RyanChandler

I forgot to mention that the bulls I pictured were all '6-trait leaders' in the breed.  I was told by a great cattlemen: there are two names you needa know in Herefords- Holden and Cooper

KSanburg

There are also some great options that are not L1 breeding with a much better disposition. We used Golden-Oaks Outcross 18U a few years ago and those heifers have become some exceptional cows, the bull calves were outstanding as well, we also used Purple Milsap and those daughters are first calf heifers this year, so far they are doing really well. I was not as impressed with the bull calves from those mating's. For horned bulls the 2 that I have had the best luck with are Churchill Yankee and CJH Harland, both bred very well and I have cows in production from both bulls., I am just getting some calves out of UPS Domino 3027 and they look pretty good, I can't imagine that they are throw away's. Sorry the AHA web page for animal information is down or I would have provided their performance data.

Does your neighbor plan on AIing or natural service? 

Latest posts