Herefords!!!!sires?

Help Support Steer Planet:

hart

Im looking to breed an old, deep bodied, all around good hereford cow...
Any hereford folks on here?  Whats a proven hereford bull, not just show calves....idk anything about herefords but Im hoping to turn my grandfather's small herd around (one at a time)...

CJC

JMO. Are the cows now yours? If so instead of changing them one at a time (which takes forever). I would sell them and buy proven stuff or buy embryos and use them for recips. That would get you there faster then one at a time. Like I said JMO. 

hart

nope, not mine.  it seems i am i one charged with moving onto the farm and helping to operate(the roles may soon reverse, which im not really looking forward to.) - as my grandfathers age is a bit more than prime.

There are a few around that date back to my mother's show stock.  I would like to build on that.  Its just kooler...
(and add some mains and shorties :)

DiamondS

Here's a couple of my bulls for you to consider.  Pedigrees are not hugely known.  They are out of a bull that Kevin Jensen bred out of his great 101P donor and TA-BAR-EL Royal.  Both bulls are nearly 9 years old and still breeding cows.  I will post pictures of their mothers.  Both cows are still raising calves and have been donors.  Knockout was reserve fall bull calf in Denver.  His half sister MS Kay K13 was owned by Cody Jensen and was an extremely successful show heifer. 

1st picture MS Knockout K60
2nd picture MS Hippolyta H10.......K60's dam
3rd picture Knockout at Denver
4th picture MS Kay K13's sale picture when she sold in Kevin Jensen's sale as a calf.

I'll post the pictures on the other bull in the next post

Attachments

• 050 resize.jpg
    050 resize.jpg
    900.3 KB · Views: 150
  • MS Hippolyta H10.jpg
    MS Hippolyta H10.jpg
    355.6 KB · Views: 133
  • MS Knockout K60 Denver.jpg
    MS Knockout K60 Denver.jpg
    468.7 KB · Views: 160
  • MS Kay K13.JPG
    MS Kay K13.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 416

DiamondS

Please remember when looking at these top pictures that these bulls are almost 9 years old and these pictures were taken about 3 wks ago.  They are SOUND and very fertile still today.  At 7 yrs old, in one jump, Lucifer gave us 527 straws of semen.  We took Lucifer to Denver in 2002.  In his class, he had the largest ribeye, least amount of fat, and largest scrotal circumference.  He was however, only a frame 5.2 and that was not nearly big enough for that judge so we placed 5th out of 12. 

Thanks for looking!  If you have any interest or questions, don't hesistate!  [email protected]

1st picture MS Lucifer L42
2nd picture MS Lucifer L42
3rd picture MS Hibiscus H24 (Lucifer's mother as a two year old)

Attachments

• 059 resize.jpg
    059 resize.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 313
  • 074 resize.jpg
    074 resize.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 158
  • MS Hibiscus H24 resized.jpg
    MS Hibiscus H24 resized.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 134

DiamondS

Thanks CPL.  Pictures don't do these guys justice.  I will try to get some pics of their black baldy daughters I have runnin around here.  They're pretty smokin!