High percentage Maine bulls?

Help Support Steer Planet:

HJ

Anyone have any suggestions for a High percent Maine bull that will add depth and bone that is non Sooner related?

knabe

the man.  problem with both bulls, is lack of spine length.  kinda weird cause limited edition looks long.  i've always thought the sooner's looked kind of short coupled.

Telos

ZNT has a classified ad on SP. You can view the video of ZNT Montego Bay and can get an accurate look at what he's all about. He's a Tyson x Hardcore cross and I think he's got a lot of good in him. He's different genetically and should add depth and good feet and legs. I suggest viewing the video which really depicts him well.

Show Steaks

i have a the mann daughter and grand daughter. the daughter is very moderate and i mean very. looks good just a couple frame scores to small for my liking

ploughshare

DL said:
FR Magic 179X
Yes, if you can find semen and still afford it. 

TNAT Parker or I might consider some older bulls such as FR Strutt depending on the size of the cow.

DL

Glenstory said:
DL said:
FR Magic 179X
Possibly, if you can find semen and still afford it. 

TNAT Parker or I might consider some older bulls such as FR Strutt depending on the size of the cow.

Strutt made them pretty but I didn't see he added much depth or bone - I have had quit a few Strutts and was not thrilled with the temperament of his calves

ploughshare

Agreed temperament might be an issue especially when combined some lines.  Chill Factor also comes to mind, but again, expensive semen.

Telos

Strutt was OK for his era, but Maine breeders have come a long way in making them thicker and better muscled IMO.

Telos

Telos said:
Strutt was OK for his era, but Maine breeders have come a long way in making them thicker and better muscled IMO.

Attachments

• 2829_1139587566314_1126141187_30409940_4308629_s.jpg
    2829_1139587566314_1126141187_30409940_4308629_s.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 771

DL

Glenstory said:
Agreed temperament might be an issue especially when combined some lines.  Chill Factor also comes to mind, but again, expensive semen.

Chill Factor - that's a good idea. Payoff should add bone and depth without increasing frame. Polleroid will add bone and depth and (likely ) some frame, Pistol Pete could add some bone, but not a ton of depth

VJ

I think he might only be 5/8 but Mitten Man is flatout good. I saw him last week at Putz's and he looked awesome. He is moderate framed, long spined, big boned, big ribbed, sound and very well muscled.  He is definitely under-used in the Maine breed.

Telos

This is another option. Siewerts Revolution 39H. He is a power and muscle bull and might compliment those Sooners nicely.

Attachments

• team%20037.jpg
    team%20037.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 205

DL

Interesting pedigree - from his picture he looks like the wind blew him to the southwest (maybe it is our weather)

He does have Paramount in his background thru Miss Thunder 9R - so I wouldn't use him unless he had been tested free of the PHA mutation

knabe

i've seen that bull in ads and pedigrees in canada for a while.  he's got a great organized pedigree, and like DL said has paramount, twice due to two thunder cows, 9R and 11S cow she mentioned.

there's lots of other stuff to like in the pedigree for thickness.  lots of stuff.

Telos

There is  Black Magic in his pedigree too. That would give him 4 shots of Paramount. What is interesting is that he goes back to the Anette cow numerous times threw the 805X cow and also Paramount.

DL is correct about checking out his PHA status.

Telos

This one of his sons. WLW Rev's Moneyman. Although not a clear picture but a good looking bull. He would work on those Sooner female too.

Telos

Telos said:
This one of his sons. WLW Rev's Moneyman. Although not a clear picture but a good looking bull. He would work on those Sooner female too.

Attachments

• mm%20and%20ali%2055_small_small.jpg
    mm%20and%20ali%2055_small_small.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 203

Latest posts