Highliner

Help Support Steer Planet:

RSL Cattle Co.

What are peoples opinions on the 2009 bull named Highliner?
Also what kind of cows (breed/ body type) has clicked with?

cdncowboy

Breed him to a good cow you'll get a good calf.  My experience don't expect him to improve anything, bred him to two cows that needed their legs shorted a little and a little more muscle neither goal accomplished.  Bred him to another smaller framed flatter muscled cow got a smaller, flatter muscled calf.  For all the butt end he shows in a pic he sure doesn't seem to throw it much to his calves the ones I've seen were for the most part all on the flatter muscled end. 
That said my high selling steer was also a Highliner - I don't give that much credit there though, pretty sure I could breed that cow to a goat and get a quality calf. 
Upside does seem to throw good structure, add a shot of bone and hair.

nck21

I've always wanted to use this bull since seeing his video at Denver. I might consider flushing my Heatseeker cow to him this spring.

acattle

Really good bull. We have really liked the calves we have gotten out of him. We just showed a heifer in denver out of high liner that did really well. He will make nice steers  but even better heifers.

kjd farms

Used him last year on a couple of purebred angus cows, both were a little taller than most and the calves were the same.  Nothing special about them.

Had a couple calves out of him in November/December.  Both calves are out of medium framed cows, one calf is in our A group and the other is a B group calf, but could be in the A group by sale time.  I'll repeat breeding to him to the same to cows as well as any of our small and medium framed cows.

Freerider

I have a red/white highliner steer, the white runs right across his back. His dam is PB Maine, that has lots of red/white in her bloodline.