Hired Man or Tiger Woods

Help Support Steer Planet:

Warrior10

Would you consider either Hired Man or Tiger Woods safe for a 2nd calving very clubby heifer? If neither is I have no problem spending money on some more semen to be safe, just thought I would ask.

rarebirdz

I hd a tiger woods calf and 1 that had to be assisted out of a mature cow think it really depends on pelvis and genetics have not used hired man so not sure but pictures suggest he could work

CAB

Tiger Woods in general is way easier calving of the 2 bulls. Saw TW this last weekend & must say that he looked pretty good.

kfacres

are any of these likeable tiger woods calves out of clean cows- or are they all dammed by carrier cows- making all the good ones likely carriers. 

how many bad ones have you seen? 

Seems like a logical option for mating carrier shorthorn cows.

willow

We have a TW out of a clean shorthorn cow.  He isn't to shabby.  He is small footed and I would like to see him thicker in general.  He came easy, but that was out of a mature, eight yr old cow. 

Alpha

this doesn't deal with calving easy but i think it was back in 09 was the only time i worked with any Hired Man calves any they were good calves but had some bad A$$ tempers. i think one of them never did get broke. i remember stepping into a 30 yard by 30 yard pen with him and he would be jumping into the fence on the other side.

Diamond

I used him on a double clean cow who just calved out a couple of weeks ago, it will be interesting to see how he develops

kreuzmanfarms

We calved out a hired man heifer calf out of a mature cow a couple years ago and it was an 88 pound calf. The cow had no trouble and the heifer is now retained in our herd with a great temperment.

kidsandkows

We also had a hired man heifer out of a mature cow with no problems. She was 74 lbs out of a smaller mostly angus female. My daughter showed her last year as her first time showing and she was a doll. So we have not had a bad experience with Hired Man attitudes. This heifer is due to have her first calf here in the next couple of days i hope everything goes ok. We bred a few cows to Tiger woods this year for the first time and are excited to see what we get.

mark tenenbaum

NCK21 has a relly promising Tiger Woods calf-no more than 80 pounds out of a CE Shorthorn(my breeding-Im a nut on it,but try to improve it all the time) I have a birth and 5 day old picture I really wish you could see. O0

willow

Cut the BS said:
willow said:
He is small footed  
I remember this being the complaint on TW himself- back in the day...

My question though- was small footed in regards to  being compared to THC cattle-- or other THF ones?  It's a relitive term...

Compared to his clean counterparts and essentially every other calf we have ever had on our place.  We don't have dirty cows and have never had a THC calf. :)

Gargan

mark tenenbaum said:
NCK21 has a relly promising Tiger Woods calf-no more than 80 pounds out of a CE Shorthorn(my breeding-Im a nut on it,but try to improve it all the time) I have a birth and 5 day old picture I really wish you could see. O0
.    _mark, I think he posted the pick of the tw 5day calf on lautner farms blog. He's really cool looking so far! Check and make sure its the same calf, so that I'm not misleading the SP community (lol)