hired man?

Help Support Steer Planet:

MSSC

Any experiences with him? Good or bad?  What he works on, birth weights?

Thanks, any info appreciated

M-n-M Cattle Company

We just had a heifer out of a 13 year old shorthorn cow. She is black w/ a little chrome. It olny took the cow about an hour from the time we got her in to have her completly unassisted. Her birthweight was 87lbs. And as far as we can tell she is a pretty good little heifer. Hope this helps.  (thumbsup)

Show Steaks

seen a few look great about labor day then seem to sputter out of juice and  quit growing JMO
look reall good at weaning though thick and square and good body

cotullaguy

i like the bull...just bought a real nice bull out of him and chill factor/kadabra cow...he is a red baldy...good bone, super front, thick and square...deep enough and nice attitude...

MSSC

Just had a set of bull twins today, I have heard good things about him but was expecting a little more bone in them. But both calves are healthy so I am happy with it.

SEA

Have heard good things also.  Have some due in under a week.  I'll let you know.

Dusty

He will stouten them up and frame them up a little bit.  They can get kinda course if you breed him to something too stout.  Don't breed him to anything with too long of a spine either.  They will get too extended and kinda fall apart.

Hoosiers#1

We bred him to a Maine-Angus cow with no bone and set in her back legs.  She had a black baldy heifer with no bone and set in her back legs. Therefore we will not attempt to breed her for show calves anymore unless someone can suggest a bull that will change the look of her calves.l

mark tenenbaum

Hoosiers#1 said:
We bred him to a Maine-Angus cow with no bone and set in her back legs.  She had a black baldy heifer with no bone and set in her back legs. Therefore we will not attempt to breed her for show calves anymore unless someone can suggest a bull that will change the look of her calves.l
Use a shorthorn or blue roan deal-they are much closer genetically to Angus ( believe it or not!) O0

starz20

I was told he works awesome on Heat Seeker and Heat Wave daughters.  He is free of TH and PHA also.  Brian Martin just sold one for around 48,000 out of real maternal looking heat wave cow and Trausch's Salty Dog is out of Hired Man and he's pretty darn good.  I've seen some really good ones out of him. 

pjkjr4

Afriend of mine leased Chore Boy from Trausch (Hired Man son) last fall. Very nice bull, even with his work clothes on. Very thick, good bone, and sound as a cat. He wasn't as big as I thought he would be. I can't wait to see some calves in Aug and Sep to see what they look like.

JDP

We tend to get bigger calves than anybody does out of our cows but we got two hired man's last spring. one heifer unassisted sold for a replacement really liked her the other was a 125 lb bull that didn't make it. heifer is a tick framey and has a cool front.  We have 2 more straws but scared to use him till we forget about that bull calf.

shufly

Had one heifer out of Hired Man last year out of a MaineXAng cow.. Cow has no bone and the heifer calf has no bone and no hair but has muscle.  Kept her and will breed her to Lautner's Highlander bull for her first calf.  See if he will add the bone and hair she is missing.  Just had a calf out of him today that is out of a black bald face crossbred cow.  The calf is red red baldy.  Not really sure how that happened.  Seems to be a good looking calf though.  Still up in the air about him.  I am interested in trying Chore Boy on some of my real long, feminine cows.

mark tenenbaum

pjkjr4 said:
Afriend of mine leased Chore Boy from Trausch (Hired Man son) last fall. Very nice bull, even with his work clothes on. Very thick, good bone, and sound as a cat. He wasn't as big as I thought he would be. I can't wait to see some calves in Aug and Sep to see what they look like.
Yah-he really looked soggy and easy keeping-along with some bone and dimension.and way prettier fronted than Hired Man O0

WFCC

if you saw salty dog at denver you would notice, hired man can make them very course through the shoulder and front end.  Use him on a really complete easy fleshing cow that needs more power and style.

shufly

Here is a picture of the hired man calf we had this year.  He was born on March 16th unassisted out of a Blk SimAng cow.  Red????

Attachments

• IMG_0567.JPG
    IMG_0567.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_0581.JPG
    IMG_0581.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 561