Holy cow its snowing!

Help Support Steer Planet:

justme

Wow it really snowed last night, about 6" or so.  The worst is yet to come they say.  Weather channel said it could be the worst storm in 20 years!  WOW I really hated snow before, but if it snows like they say  I will REALLY hate it lol.  Good luck everyone!  We've been out all morning sledding and snowboarding (yes even I sledded!)

SWMO

Justme,  I will take snow any day over the DRIVING RAIN and 35 degrees that we are having right now.  How ugly!!!  Last year tomorrow we had a HUGE ICE storm and were without power :mad:  Hope this turns to snow before it gets that cold tonight if now we are really in for it.

coachmac

SWMO said:
Justme,  I will take snow any day over the DRIVING RAIN and 35 degrees that we are having right now.  How ugly!!!  Last year tomorrow we had a HUGE ICE storm and were without power :mad:  Hope this turns to snow before it gets that cold tonight if now we are really in for it.

I hear that!  I would take a big batch of snow over ice any day!  Gotta Love Mo-isery

clubcalve

It is just dumping on us right now and this is just the first tip of the storm. i have a feeling that tomorow is going to be a long day  <beer>

Clark Club Calves

It is the cold up here in Saskatchewan, should be -31 F with out windchill tonight  with wind chill should be near -40 F. Should be good hair growing weather ;D  Everyone is finding out if their watering bowls are heating properly.  

Camo

Please dont forget to DUMP some snow here in Pittsburgh Pa.  We want to sled ride too. (clapping)

herefordfootball

Camo said:
Please dont forget to DUMP some snow here in Pittsburgh Pa.  We want to sled ride too. (clapping)

Thats thing...Everybody is like UGH snow!!! And I'm all excited because you can go sledding, snowboarding and basically the only thing I can drive in it is my John Deere Gator. FUN!!!  <beer>  ;D

CAB

Just came in from choring. Have a foot of the pretty fluffy stuff & still coming down fast & furious. Hasn't t blown much yet, snows staying on the post tops. Wait'll it starts moving around!!

kanshow

This is turning out to be quite a blizzard.  We've had snow, ice pellets, and rain.  Still coming down in big flakes & wind is supposed to start blowing.

Cowboy

Here in the SW corner of Ne. , we hae about 8-10 on the ground right now, still snowing fairly good at 6 -30 PM central. About a 100 or so miles west of us ut us done, and clear farther west from there. Wind is blowing at about 20 or so from the N-E, not a good sign for the rest of the nght.

No school today thankfully -- but just got word the Nit-Wit who now runs the schools over west of here decided we'll have school tomorrow for sure. He of course is NOT sitting where I am watching the snow blow around, and we live 8 / 10ths of a mile from the MAIL BOX -- hehehee.

I thnk he must be from town -- a lifer -- no one in thier right mind would ask th bus driver to pull around out here in this back country unless he has never been exposed to it. It IS a tad differnt driving his fancy UV on salted and plowed streets versus the basicly unmaintained would be GRAVEL roads we have out here. He may need to hear from me in the morning -- AFTER we go sledding of course -- hehehe!! (clapping) (clapping)  (argue)
Terry

justintime

The high temp here today was -30. Not a breath of wind and the sun was shining bright. I woke up this morning and one of my first thoughts was that I was glad I was not a cow on a day like this. I looked out at daybreak, and saw the cows scattered across the pasture ... just walking and picking at the dead grass. We have just a light dusting of snow so far.I put out hay and bedded them this afternoon and most of them stood soaking up the sun and chewing their cuds. They looked happy, and when I walked up and put my hands on some of them, they were toasty warm. Even two or three hours after I had spread fresh bedding out, there wasn't a cow near it. By late afternoon, they were slowly walking over and nesting into the straw, where I expect most of them will stay until morning. If it has to be cold, today was a nice cold day. Tomorrow is supposed to bring some snow flurries and a little more wind. The weather report says with wind chill it will be -45 at times. Now that sounds very cold, and I am even more thankful for cold days like today. When it is this cold, even the slightest breeze can make a nice day turn into a nasty day very quickly. I am already waiting for spring to arrive, and we have only had 4 colder days!

braunvieh

We have close to a foot here and I think it may have finally stopped. But the wind is howling now at a steady 25 mph and wind chills are around -10. I am soooo glad no one is calving right now and wish I had moved my spring calvers home a couple weeks ago where they had some protection.  Everyone be safe and stay warm!!

JWW

cowboy-- wouldn't worry about school tomorrow, UNL cancled classes for wednesday tonight about 7pm and if it cancels classes then every high school around the area will be closed  :)

JWW