"Homemade" projects

Help Support Steer Planet:

farmboy

yes the hooks on those hay feeders are nice as they are adjustable up to 15 or so inches and can hook on to wire panels, Gates, those white wall things at the Ohio State Fairgrounds, 4 wheeler racks...

Attachments

• Hayfeeder 008-720.jpg
    Hayfeeder 008-720.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 321
  • Hayfeeder 001-720.jpg
    Hayfeeder 001-720.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 250

cjtwmc

it was originally a battery carrier. my dad is a mechanic in a truck garage and had this cart laying around so he welded some extra stuff on it and it works great now. ill get a few pictures tomorrow. its aluminum too so its lighter than having a steel carrier with the 2 blowers on it.

cjtwmc

all you have to do to take the blowers off is undo the black knob right above the shelf and pop the bolt out that runs through there and the bottom part that holds the blowers comes right off.

Attachments

• blower 1.jpg
    blower 1.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 591
  • blower 2.jpg
    blower 2.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 517
  • blower 3.jpg
    blower 3.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 346
  • blower 4.jpg
    blower 4.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 319

cjtwmc

sorry i forgot to turn the other pictures so they are easier to see the first time.

Attachments

• blower 2.jpg
    blower 2.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 310
  • blower 3.jpg
    blower 3.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 359
  • blower 4.jpg
    blower 4.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 332

coachmac

That looks good.  Met a guy at our county fair last year that used an appliance dolly and 1" PVC pipe.  He would "thread" the pvc through the legs of the blower on the backside of the dolly.  Hard to explain without pictures and I didn't even think of taking any at the time but the pvc would hold the blower on the dolly and it worked pretty good.  He didnt have the dual set up tho.  He would put on two blowers both ran independently of each other.  I like your dolly set up though! 

coachmac

cjtwmc - did you buy the dual blower hose or build it yourself.  trying to figure out if it is worth it to build one instead of buy. 

kanshow

On those hanging hay feeders - my husband welded horseshoes on the backs and they hang on about anything now. 

cjtwmc

i just bought the hose. i had trouble finding the hose i wanted and a Y for it, then when i did find what i wanted it was on the internet and with shipping and all that it was dang near the same price as sullivans so it was just easier i guess to go to our sullivans dealer and buy it there.

coachmac

thats what i was wondering.  just how much it would take to make one........ good to know!  thanks for the info. 
I like the looks of the cart though!  Looks like it would work well in the barn or at the show!   

buckeye dude

cjtwmc - noticed on your double blower that you use the standard double blower hose.  We have found that if you have have your single blower hose or similar sized hose attached to the end of the double blower hose that the air comes out with greater force.  In our opinion it cuts drying time a little and is also easier to manouver around.  Those fat double blower hoses will wear a fellow out, especially when you have more than one to dry.

midway6376

I made all of my own divider gates, fan hangers, and chute. All I did was get the dimensions off of Sullivans

coachmac

We did that.... sort of...... with our aluminum sides that we built.  Changed a couple of things of course to make them "ours", but the outside dimension is pretty close. 

cjtwmc

i have noticed at some of the farms i have visited that there double blowers have the normal single blower hose on the end of the fat one too. its normally like a 3 ft peice maybe??? how long would you  advise us to cut the single blower hose on the end of the fat double blower hose.