Honors show chow

Help Support Steer Planet:

Ohio1

I am looking into trying honors show chow for my steers this year but I was wondering if any of you have had good results from the feed or even any bad points about it? Thanks!

Steer4Caddy

I worked for the company for 15 years and I know they have great products.  More importantly they have figured out the logistics and how to keep it fresh.  Science is a big part and it's there also but consistency and quality is the key.  Someone asked me after I quit what I was going to feed now and I told him I wasn't lying all these years.  I sold what I believed in!  Now management on the other hand.........

Boot Jack Bulls

OLD WORLD SHORTIE said:
Best feed ever! It's all in the science, and Purina has got it going on.

X2! We have tried a lot of others, but this one always does the job for us. We recommend Purina feeds to anyone we work with, it is a pretty fool proof feed line. Just make sure to keep an eye on the bag dates- around here, we are some of the only people using show chow, so sometimes it sits a while if the feed store or mill isn't on the ball!

LostFarmer

We have a local company (Cache Commodities) that makes a product called Halter Power.  It is better than the Honor in my opinion.  We have fed both.  We cut most the feeds with additional barley, corn and oats.  (We raise barley and oats so might as well work them into the ration.)  We also feed more hay than some.  It isn't as convenient as feeding from one bag but much cheaper. 

flacowman

If you don't feel confident in you ability to mix a feed yourself, it is a very good (albeit expensive) choice.  I have found that I can mix a feed myself that is just as good (better really) for less than 1/3 of the price