Hoosier beef congress?

Help Support Steer Planet:

moodog5

Any results from the Hoosier beef congress heifer show this weekend?

travisrex

bystander said:
What were everyone's thoughts on the show and vendor set-up in the expo bldg?
[/quote

It was very congested, and it seemed to me that the rings werent as big as they have been in the past. May have been an optical illusion though. I did like the entrance/make up ring being outside, didnt have to worry as much about people spooking or rubbing against calves. Wouldnt like it at all if pouring rain or snowing though.

CMB

Robbins Show Cattle said:
bystander said:
What were everyone's thoughts on the show and vendor set-up in the expo bldg?
[/quote

It was very congested, and it seemed to me that the rings werent as big as they have been in the past. May have been an optical illusion though. I did like the entrance/make up ring being outside, didnt have to worry as much about people spooking or rubbing against calves. Wouldnt like it at all if pouring rain or snowing though.
The rings a supposedly bigger. They said they could set up a tent that goes from the beef barn to the expo hall so if it rains or snows they could cover it. What they'd do to light it at night would be interesting.  It was definitely congested in the vendor area. They talked at first, before the show like this could become permanent but I'm sure opinions have changed.

paj315

It was very congested saturday in the vendor area , but I liked that setup better than the way they used to do it. Made the barn a lot less congested and allowed for more people to be stalled in the main barn instead  of scattered over 3 or more barns. That being said if the weather had been bad not sure how it would have all worked out.

pweaver

How would it work if sale cattle and sale rings were in the Expo Hall and move the show rings and trade show back to the cattle barn?  After the Sat. sales there was a lot of empty, wasted space in the Cattle Barn.  And the old Trade Show area was much more open.  If the vendors were pushed as close as they were this year into their old area, and move the sale cattle out, then there would be room for the show rings to be back in the cattle barn.  I also the sound system in the Expo was very bad.  It was very difficult to hear winners announced.  Just my thoughts! 

pds

The changes werent bad just seemed a little stretched out. Just my personal thought would be go back to using the cattle, draft horse and sheep barns for cattle and have the horse barn as the trade show on the far north end and the show rings on the center section and sale cattle on the south side of the wall. In my mind it would be nice to have it more centered and easier to access from all the buildings around it. 

Latest posts