Hoover Dam or Frontman??? or other...

Help Support Steer Planet:

HavinABlast

Opinions please!
Have a very stylish but fine boned Eagle Eye heifer.  Was considering breeding her to Hoover Dam or Frontman.  Looking for some muscle, power, bone and milk #s.  Dam is a long bodied easy fleshing female.  Would like something with high milk epd as dam seemed to be lacking a little.  Will give this heifer a chance before shipping her!  Wondering what the best bull might be for her.

GoWyo

Haven't used him myself but conidering it next spring .-- Werner War Party.

parkerqb7

Out of the two you had I would go with Hoover Dam, but another good one is TC Total. We love his heifers and have kept herd sires out of him.

kiblercattle

Haven't used frontman but my uncle raised him so I've seen quite a bit of his bloodlines. Frontmans have great muscling and calving ease. It doesn't seem to matter what you breed him to they will be about a 6 frame. I believe you need to protect him on length of body some. I really like the cattle I be seen by him but I believe his milk to be to high for my kind of program. What I've seen feet and legs are good and they have great depth of rib.

lightnin4

I've been really pleased with my Hoover Dam calves.  They've all had good bone and plenty of muscle.  Probably the best bull I sold last Fall was a Hoover Dam.  I've got one Frontman cow in my herd.  She's a second calver and did a good job with this year's calf (lost the first one to a freak injury).  I haven't had any Frontman calves born here yet.  I sold a heifer bred to him last year...the buyer said he was a nice calf, but I haven't seen it.

cowboy_nyk

I've seen plenty of good Hoover Dam calves but I wouldn't recommend him to add bone.  He will add muscle for sure though.

HavinABlast

Thanks for all the words of wisdom folks!  I appreciate your comments.  I get a real good vibe on Hoover Dam and have a number of females here that would cross well with him.  He's on the short list!

CAB

When you look at these 2 bulls EPD profiles along with everything else, Hoover Dam is a pretty easy choice between the 2 IMO.

ploughshare

Sounds like you will use ABS.  You can't go wrong with Hoover Dam.  You may also want to consider SAV Brilliance.

Latest posts