horse wormer "police"?

Help Support Steer Planet:

linnettejane

so i stopped by a store this afternoon to pick up some horse wormer...it took me forever to find it...well thats because it was locked up in a cabinet(strange)...took the clerk forever to find the keys, and then when she got them out, i started to reach for them to put them in my buggy and she grabbed them and said we take them up to the front counter, they'd be there when i checked out(even stranger)....seemed kinda like "over reaction" for a $4.99 tube of horse wormer....

so....anybody else experience this much "regulation" over horse wormer?  i thought for a minute i was going to have to prove that i had 3 horses and needed 3 tubes!  almost put me in the mind of all the "regulation" over cold medicine....oh!  surely to goodness people arent using this stuff to make meth???  

Dozer45

I work at Murdochs ( our feed store) and we dont lock up horse wormer but alot of other stuff. Sad part is some of it is not locked up because its meds or popular to steal but just to fill space! Its regulation that anything locked up has to be walked up to the counter. sometimes we let it slide but we could lose our jobs over it. :-\

aj

I know lot and batch numbers of every bag of mineral that goes out of frontier equity. So there is a record of each producer buying a cetain bag of mineral or protein tub, salt block or whatever. I am told it is done for national security reasons and liability problems. Very few people know of the kindof plans already in place by the county emergency planners in case of say foot or mouth outbreak. For every feedlot in the county there is a plan in town that already has a location plotted for a immediate burial pit in case of a foot and mouth outbreak. They have been to the location and a site has been predetermined. If terrorists try and sneak in anthrax, foot and mouth or whatever into a tub of crystalx protein it can be traced to an individual producer or manufacturer. I don't know if this is done everywhere but it is done here.....for better or worse.

DiamondS

linnette,

I work at Tractor Supply.  I'm curious as to which store this was.  We do not have our horse wormer in a locked up case at our store.  Our Ivomec, Frontline and Dog shock collars, as well as power tools are locked up.  Also, we lock our vaccine cooler.  That is to prevent customers from picking up a vaccine and then setting it down somewhere where it gets warm.  They want you to walk these locked up items to the front because these things are typically a high risk "theft" item....  It amazes you the things people steal....  I never had a clue before I took the "Receiving Manager" position at TSC.  You can PM me the store location.  I'm sorry you had a negative experience.  We are really a customer service based company and should be doing the best we can to serve the customers.  At the bottom of your receipt, there is a website or a phone number that you can call and do a quick customer service survey.  Every store is graded if you will on their customer service and that will alert the stores manager and district manager if there is an issue! 

Dawn

blackcows

linnettejane said:
so i stopped by tractor supply this afternoon to pick up some horse wormer...it took me forever to find it...well thats because it was locked up in a cabinet(strange)...took the clerk forever to find the keys, and then when she got them out, i started to reach for them to put them in my buggy and she grabbed them and said we take them up to the front counter, they'd be there when i checked out(even stranger)....seemed kinda like "over reaction" for a $4.99 tube of horse wormer....

so....anybody else experience this much "regulation" over horse wormer?  i thought for a minute i was going to have to prove that i had 3 horses and needed 3 tubes!  almost put me in the mind of all the "regulation" over cold medicine....oh!  surely to goodness people arent using this stuff to make meth??? 

They don't lock up the wormer at our local TSC but I think they may have asked for my birthday last time I bought it.

Mike

linnettejane

DiamondS said:
linnette,

I'm curious as to which store this was.  We do not have our horse wormer in a locked up case at our store.  Our Ivomec, Frontline and Dog shock collars, as well as power tools are locked up.  Also, we lock our vaccine cooler.  That is to prevent customers from picking up a vaccine and then setting it down somewhere where it gets warm.  They want you to walk these locked up items to the front because these things are typically a high risk "theft" item....  It amazes you the things people steal....  I never had a clue before I took the "Receiving Manager" position.  You can PM me the store location.  I'm sorry you had a negative experience.  We are really a customer service based company and should be doing the best we can to serve the customers.  At the bottom of your receipt, there is a website or a phone number that you can call and do a quick customer service survey.  Every store is graded if you will on their customer service and that will alert the stores manager and district manager if there is an issue!  

Dawn

dawn, ill pm you....it really wasnt a negative experience, just strange (this wasnt the normal store i shop at and the one i normally go to doesnt lock it up...well, at least the last time i was there it wasnt)....when my hubby told me to stop and get some horse wormer, i just didnt realize it was going to be that big of a deal, lol....and like i said, i thought maybe they were being so "strict" with it because maybe people were using it to do other things with, but wasnt sure...i was just curious about why there was so much "security" for a 4.99 tube of stuff...i wasnt really upset about the "service"...she was just doing her job...if its locked then it has to be taken to the counter(which i didnt realize, dozer45, but makes sense)...

bc...they did ask for my zip code...but maybe that's just to see where all the customers are coming from?

worthabit....this was ivermectin paste1.87%apple flavored, but they had all the tubed horse wormers locked up, not just the ivermec brands...and that was the first thing that popped into my head...drug addicts...but dang...horse wormer???  

Dozer45

linnettejane said:
DiamondS said:
worthabit....this was ivermectin paste1.87%apple flavored, but they had all the tubed horse wormers locked up, not just the ivermec brands...and that was the first thing that popped into my head...drug addicts...but dang...horse wormer???  

lol we lock up all kinds of things to keep the meth heads away ( big problem in our town) like MSM crystles, a horse joint supplement and we ID for iodine really is kinda sad

DiamondS

linette,

The address is a demographic to tell them where the customers are coming from and what those customers in that area are buying. 

Dozer, isn't it pathetic what these people will buy to make drugs.......

kanshow

Linette..  You need to shop at the TSC near me.  There's this one employee there that is fantastic!!    <rock> <rock> (thumbsup) (clapping)   I don't think we have locked horse wormer.. yet..    

One another note...    My first job out of college was management trainee at a TSC.   It took me hardly any time at all to realize #1.   that I am not cut out to be in retail sales  and #2.  The customer is NOT always right.. more often they are wrong.    ;)   I was shocked at the things people will shoplift...  that was  a real eye opener for me.  

fordkindagirl

At our local feed store and TSC the wormers (all of them including horse) are locked up although all you have to do is ask a clerk to unlock the cabinet. They just give it to you they don't have to take it up to the cash register with them.

Davis Shorthorns

kanshow said:
Linette..  You need to shop at the TSC near me.  There's this one employee there that is fantastic!!    <rock> <rock> (thumbsup) (clapping)   I don't think we have locked horse wormer.. yet..    

One another note...    My first job out of college was management trainee at a TSC.   It took me hardly any time at all to realize #1.   that I am not cut out to be in retail sales  and #2.  The customer is NOT always right.. more often they are wrong.    ;)   I was shocked at the things people will shoplift...  that was  a real eye opener for me.  

WOW me to we have some really great people at our TSC this one blond chick and a tall skinny guy.  They really know their stuff.  ;)

linnettejane

ok, so just let me clarify...the purpose of the post was not to dog the store or the customer service i received...i was just taken aback by the procedures for buying something as simple (in my mind) as horse wormer....when i said "over reaction" i was referring to the whole idea of having to lock it up and then take it to the counter...

and was just curious about the reasoning behind it....

ill still shop there

Dozer45

DiamondS said:
linette,

The address is a demographic to tell them where the customers are coming from and what those customers in that area are buying. 

Dozer, isn't it pathetic what these people will buy to make drugs.......

Amen to that

Show Heifer

Last winter I needed some ether to start a tractor and went to pick up a can at a local implement store.... the counter guy said "we don't have any I guess" (after he had went to the back to look). I laughed and said "It is January and you have no ether?"  He said "no, a couple of young people came in this morning and bought a case each. Kinda odd, but they said they had old equipment and needed it."  The salesman was shocked when I told them it was probably drug dealers! He had no idea. I am guessing it wasn't for a tractor or any other piece of equipment! 

Horse wormer not locked up here, but ivomec, clippers, etc are.  I suppose it is just a matter of time.

By the way, were the needles locked up too?

knabe

Show Heifer said:
a couple of young people came in this morning and bought a case each. Kinda odd, but they said they had old equipment and needed it."  The salesman was shocked when I told them it was probably drug dealers! He had no idea. I am guessing it wasn't for a trac

call the manager and have them trace the purchase and turn it over to the police.

sue

linnettejane said:
so i stopped by a store this afternoon to pick up some horse wormer...it took me forever to find it...well thats because it was locked up in a cabinet(strange)...took the clerk forever to find the keys, and then when she got them out, i started to reach for them to put them in my buggy and she grabbed them and said we take them up to the front counter, they'd be there when i checked out(even stranger)....seemed kinda like "over reaction" for a $4.99 tube of horse wormer....

so....anybody else experience this much "regulation" over horse wormer?  i thought for a minute i was going to have to prove that i had 3 horses and needed 3 tubes!  almost put me in the mind of all the "regulation" over cold medicine....oh!  surely to goodness people arent using this stuff to make meth???  
Hmmmm. Police . I have weAk moments and sometimes need things like CANDY  IN A LOCK UP CASE?
So do think the lady might open it if I promise to load 3 more loads of hay? Like maybe give me licorce for one load but if... you load 3 you can have a bag of gummy bears? Like a polite way of saying "you're chubby and dont really need this candy.... lady??? It would just make me think .... but NOOOO  THE STUFF IS 3 INCHES FROM CHECK OUT